PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Aviation Scam - beware!!

Oakpilot12345
8th Oct 2009, 21:19
Hey y'all,
I am in the process of completing my paperwork for a job in the UAE. I just recieved a request from their diplomat guy for $1850 to expedite my paperwork through the embassy. Is this a scam?
Thanks

Oakpilot12345
8th Oct 2009, 21:32
Is there anyone flying for ADA? They hired me as a -8 captain and now want $$$ for the visa paperwork.

spierpoint jones
8th Oct 2009, 21:53
pls clarify where is this mob based and the full name of the company is?.....scam ? dude , it sure sounds like it..

jones:ok:

Oakpilot12345
8th Oct 2009, 23:18
They operate in the URE as recruters for Ahu Dhubai Airways.

Granny
9th Oct 2009, 00:11
It's a scam stay well away!

lionoftheleft
11th Oct 2009, 09:33
There is a scam asking people for money to process the required paper work for ADA.
ADA do not require money to process the paperwork to get into the company. Call ADA to get info on hiring.
Contact the Ministry of Interior to report this scam.

Mr_ATPL
11th Oct 2009, 10:24
STAY AWAY, ITs A SCAM ! ! !

Desert Dawg
11th Oct 2009, 11:40
UAE labour laws clearly state that it is the responsibility of the Sponsor to pay for all immigration (visa) costs when hiring new staff. This applies to private and public sector companies. These companies are prohibited from re-couping these costs from the new employees, however, sadly, there are loads of cases where this law is completely ignored.

Scam-O-Meter should be well into the red zone here..... Stay away... :=

Metro man
11th Oct 2009, 22:34
Yes, especially if they ask for it to be sent via Western Union or MoneyGram. Are you sure it's really Abu Dhabi Aviation you're talking to ? Try calling the chief pilot, look the phone number up yourself don't use the one they may have given you.

Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo address ?????:hmm: