PDA

View Full Version : Servisair At Man

Rampmole
10th Oct 2009, 16:55
With 40 full time redundancies at the end of the month on the ramp alone due to ryanair pulling all but the dublin route, the end of olympic, czech airlines, delta and continental's reduction in services. I wandered if the number of 40 will rise now due to lufthansa and swiss going to aviance or would this have been taken into account and just kept hush hush.

FMCTEMPEST
10th Oct 2009, 18:21
Things tough in Brs we will lose numbers across the board Ramp, Dispatch, Pax Handling & Arrivals.
What is going on with Servisair?
Some Big contracts due in March CO & TOM are these national contracts??
So will proberly go through all this again in March.
Fingers crossed.

END BAG
10th Oct 2009, 20:21
Same here at East Midlands.We are losing 20 jobs across the Ramp,Dispatch and Baggage Dock.Our losses are caused by the lack of flights for winter 2010,it is going to be very quiet.

groundhogbhx
10th Oct 2009, 22:08
It looks quiet everywhere this winter, plenty of time to catch up on things like reading War & Peace :sad:

The96er
11th Oct 2009, 10:49
Where has it been said that Lufthansa/Swiss are going over to Aviance. Certainly not by LH or Aviance. Surley any other source can only be constituted as a rumour. Last I heard, Menzies were still in the running for the contract.

mantug01
11th Oct 2009, 12:24
I heard Aviance for the LH Contract too.

DeltaIndiaSierraPapa
11th Oct 2009, 12:46
I heard Aviance got the LH contract as well... Never thought I would see the day.

GRIZZLER
11th Oct 2009, 13:11
Things much the same at STN with redundancys....a few going...still not 100% sure off the final figure......but around 20/25 ish.... you hear a name of someone who's had a letter ,then that seems to go back into the hat and another one pulled out.......the only thing that stays the same on the ramp is the management.....well somebodys got to make the tea.........:ok:

It's been said, there are people walking around STN humming the well known song that was in the film " THE ITALIAN JOB "........the words go something like....THE SELF PRESERVATION SOCIETY
:oh:

FMCTEMPEST
11th Oct 2009, 17:45
So whats the connection with Aviance other than being French?
Bristol Airport getting some Bad Press over the last couple of days.
Dose'nt look good that airport is expanding and in the next breath 30 odd jobs within a company based at airport are being lost.
So what were the criteria for redundacy selection at your airport???

SICKNESS (Bradford Scale)
SERVICE
LIVE DISCIPLINARY
Think most people got same scores

END BAG
11th Oct 2009, 18:04
Iam pretty sure the union rep was told at the meeting last wednesday that the criteria at East Mids is
Sickness over the last 24 months
disciplinaries over the same period
Skill Levels
Service
I dont know how long it takes to sort out but according to the letter on the notice board it has all got to be done by October 31st. Also they are offering 5 months unpaid leave if anybody wants that from November 1st.

Rampmole
11th Oct 2009, 20:28
criteria for redundacy selection at your airport???

At MAN if yer face fits.

The lads that were TUPE'D from menzies seem to be the current faves up the chop. Used and abused springs to mind.

Heard from s/air mangement they gave up LH and LX.

dublindispatch
12th Oct 2009, 10:27
Things not much better over here, even after taking over Aviance and getting the BD and IB contracts. Only good news well morw rumour is that EY is adding a few more flights in the new year. We also looking for redundancies, reduced hours etc etc but at least this time round we are a bit more prepared unlike our "friends" in Aer Lingus!!

TechProblem
15th Oct 2009, 09:14
The reason SA have not got LH anymore is because the last few years SA have been just breaking even on the contract.
SA finally said, enough is enough, pay this or go somewhere else, so LH did :rolleyes:

TP

THEGRAFTER
15th Oct 2009, 13:48
job losses now my friend is 32 full time off the ramp because sa have signed up bangladeshi for january 777 aircraft..aviance start LH in january also with the swiss to follow.

Apple1234
15th Oct 2009, 19:11
Has the aviance / LH contract been confirmed?

BOAC4ME
21st Oct 2009, 15:51
Whats going on between S'Air and Aviance at the min?? Certainly seems like they are getting their heads together re: profitability of their respective stations, just reciprical agreements or maybe more in the future??

heavychox
26th Oct 2009, 17:32
TA now sunning himself on hol while redundancies are being dealt with by us underlings, nice!

Blue-Shamrock 89
1st Nov 2009, 12:52
a friend of mine at LHR reckons that Air India might be going from servisair to Aviance and that PIA might be leaving for Plane Handling ?
if this is true what will happen to the SA Staff

UFGBOY
7th Nov 2009, 20:43
Needs a good clear out.. appalling handling (old SA) since '88

Sigma were years ahead in attiude to customers and competence

run by a bunch of closet aircraft enthusiasts

IMHO