11th Oct 2009, 10:28
Engineering trouble:\

captain-planet
12th Oct 2009, 16:20
thers already a MDLR thread running
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/266886-mdlr-airlines-india.html

Firefly625
30th Oct 2009, 10:52
The aircrew of MDLR have had their salaries "stolen", None of them have been paid for up to 3 months, the time the CMD was successfully campaigning for the local Assembly elections in Sirsa. The company aircraft has not flown for several weeks due to cheques bouncing for fuel bills, insurance and salaries. Perhaps there is a connection to the lack of money to pay bills and the costs of the election campaign. Now the CMD has been elected it is common practice for newly elected politicians to clear their debts before the media and fellow politicians use outstanding debts to get them removed from office. There is still time for the CMD to keep his "Honourable" title. Time though is running out.

Boeing7xx
30th Oct 2009, 14:36
Answer : None of the above

1. They got rapped by DGCA recently for violations in procedures and maintenence.

2. They're currently not operating any flights till 11th Nov to get their act in place and go back to DGCA.

3. If they do not meet the standards that were set during the evaluation, they risk loosing their license.

4. 11th November will tell if MDLR takes to the skies....

Firefly625
1st Nov 2009, 08:56
I think not.

The information collected from those working for the company points to there has been no money in the bank for months and that MDLR were issuing lots of dud cheques that it knew would bounce. Ask the pilots who were given cheques for their back dated salaries but were told that there was no money to cover them.

I understand also from those on the inside that the DGCA inspection did not ground the aircraft and that the company was given a fixed number of days to address the failings. Perhaps that is where you get the November date comes from.

Get the CMD to pays his debts and possibly all will go away

Firefly625
1st Nov 2009, 11:50
Perhaps MDLR's lack of money is just are a reflection of the Indian airlines run their business as a whole in that they nearly all owe hundreds of millions of dollars. Expansion too fast too soon.

itsbrokenagain
1st Nov 2009, 14:49
Captain planet are you aware its November 2009, that thread you referred to was last updated January 2009 and is of NO relevance to this thread....maybe you should hit the button called Edit and fix your post???:ugh:

Challenger05
1st Nov 2009, 17:32
I am not a hundred percent sure but I do remember some reference to the company out of Ireland that has leased the airplanes to MDLR writing to DGCA to seize the above mentioned planes since MDLR has not "paid its dues to the corp as per terms of lease agreement"..

They also seem to have the worst on time performance comparable to Indian railways...

ON A SIDE NOTE: Does anyone know anyone who works for this 'airline'???

bombayhues
2nd Nov 2009, 04:37
Hey, If I am not mistaken you are talking about Paramount and not MDLR

Firefly625
2nd Nov 2009, 07:20
No it is not Paramount. I refer to MDLR.

Firefly625
2nd Nov 2009, 07:24
Engineering problems caused by the non payment of bills. I believe they used parts from their third aircraft to keep the other two going.

itsbrokenagain
2nd Nov 2009, 14:42
You know under the Cape Town Convention, they dont have to write to the DGCA to repo an aircraft, this is already signed and sealed when the aircraft is imported. I have dealt with these agreements, pretty straight forward it is.

So as soon as they default they can take posession of the plane at their own free will. They then tape over the VT rego, apply for a YA number and out she goes. Sometimes they dont even change the rego as licensed crews are desperate for cash and willing to take it away. Under this convention the repo process is pretty simply, quick and straightforward,,,,even for India!

WOW99
3rd Nov 2009, 04:24
MDLR
No aircraft of mdlr visible in parking at IGI,have they all gone back,looks like the demise of MDLR.

pilotara
3rd Nov 2009, 06:35
taxing in from Mumbai yesterday, i saw the MDLR Avro parked next to the Jet Lite CRJ's and kingfihers ATR....MDLR is a dead meat and they will reopen under different name....good luck to everyone and as far as their money, sorry to say it but i doupt they will see any

Firefly625
3rd Nov 2009, 08:00
Where will they get the expat aircrew? No one in their right mind will work for MDLR or anyone associated with them unless there is money up front. Recruiting Avro RJ pilots from abroad will be very difficult. I understand there are no Indian Avro RJ commanders. Adverse publicity outside India will not help recruitment.

Firefly625
22nd Feb 2010, 08:47
Rumour has it that MDLR is flying again despite a large list of creditors. Does the DGCA and Minister for Civil Aviation know how the airline is financed given MDLR's past track record of debt.

Boeing7xx
25th Feb 2010, 10:10
Saw the aircraft with 4 APU's take off today in a beautiful 20degree climb. So they are back in the skies. Welcome, we missed you!

Wannabe Flyer
26th Feb 2010, 07:18
You sure they were not being repoed????

Website bookings not operable

Boeing7xx
26th Feb 2010, 13:37
I have no idea on that... We were on apron frequency. Not sure if that was the aircraft being ferried out, that climb out did appear a bit steep to me. I did casually remark that it was an off angle considering that the avro has a slow rate of climb. Could've been empty. Not speculating just saying what I saw.

Firefly625
1st Mar 2010, 08:33
I believe that the RJ has engines with a little more thrust than than the 146 so rate of climb will be better. Has the MDLR aircraft returned to Delhi or has it gone for good. Their website says they have three. Where are they at this moment or have their creditors acted to recover them after several years.

captnitin
6th Mar 2010, 14:18
I heard from internal reliable sources that they were trying to get airborne since November but DGCA creating many issues so now they looking for buyers.

Also note Jagson got approval for flying using AVRO and which should start operating soon.

Firefly625
7th Mar 2010, 07:28
It would be interesting to know what our DGCA issues are. Would it be financial or lack of qualified pilots? I presume any potential buyer would be taking on a lot of debt. Perhaps MDLR will clear all debts before selling.

JamesRJ
30th Mar 2010, 10:28
- Grounded since Oct 2009.

- Salaries not paid to pilots since Aug 2009 and other staff since Dec 2009.

- All expat captains have returned back home, therefore they don't have any captains.

- Out of their three aircrafts, one is a christmas tree, second one re-possessed by BAE in Romania (had gone for C-Check) due to non payment and the third one not airworthy.

- All airline staff has stopped attending office, due to salary issues.

- DGCA has decided not to clear it, as they now cannot comply with any of the guidelines laid down by them.

- The Chairman does not have money to run the airline, including his other businesses, which have also shut down.

The End

Firefly625
13th Nov 2010, 10:10
Hear that MDLR are recruiting pilots for their restart. Has the company paid all the outstanding debts to companies and staff?

Is the DGCA going to let them start again with debts and the same manager people who were with them when they stoped flying 2009?

Firefly625
13th Nov 2010, 10:23
Any body know what the terms and conditions are for MDLR?

alphapilot
14th Nov 2010, 09:11
anyone interested in doing AVRO RJ 70 type rating very quikkily ?

pls PM ASAP !!!

masalama
15th Dec 2010, 02:49
Alphapilot wrote
anyone interested in doing AVRO RJ 70 type rating very quikkily ?

pls PM ASAP !!!

Guys , I would be very wary of outfits like these, don't waste your or most likely your parents hard earned money doing a rating that would be useless if the airline would not be able to re-start their operations.

Also, Alpha I would "quikkily" enroll myself in a short course in english , a good working knowledge of the language is not only required by ICAO but would help tremendously in training .It would aid your understanding of the aircraft , your instructors plus your partner would be able to comprehend your instructions to him/her better when you do eventually make it to a flight training device ......

All the best. Masalama:ok:

MaxReheat
26th Mar 2011, 11:44
MDLR is recruiting crew and specifically looking for expat RJ captains.

What's the local opinion on whether or not the airline is going to keep going this time; are they even operating yet?

Any idea on T&Cs?

Sky Dancer
27th Mar 2011, 14:47
Take my honest advice , don't even bother trying , they won't start and even if they do , they won't survive.It's owned by a conman and run by a conman as well so what do you think ?Get real pal:ok: