PDA

View Full Version : In a spotter bother...

Max R8
11th Dec 2001, 22:49
These Greeks, 'ave they lost their marbles or summit?

Discuss.

fergineer
11th Dec 2001, 22:57
Noticed on the Beeb they were showing a letter from some officer in the Greek Air Force saying that they were welcome at the airfield, shock horror why were they arrested then, just above them words were strickly no photographs, good old Beeb witholding the whole story. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ORAC
11th Dec 2001, 23:17
The previous thread on this topic ( in Rumours and News ) was closed by Danny on 5th Dec. From the first entry this looks like going the same route.

I suggest killing it now to save Danny the time and bother.

BEagle
11th Dec 2001, 23:41
Cor blimey mates, Stavros say whatsa problem, innit? Me and my boys selling nice kebabs to friendly Brit snapper peeps who taking our pictures to send back to Papa in Basildon! Some military geezer say they got pictures of knackered old helicopters in background - so what? We just having fun 'n Ouzo with our EU chum peeps an' then some police come up an' say "Oi, Stavros - get outa here 'cos they're spies an' we gonna arrest them" I say "Ere, mate - no way! They nice friendly holiday folks just want have best kebab in Kalamata an' thas' it! We get on great with every nice visitor to here, so you p*ss off back to your colonels, OK peeps?" But military piggies say these snapper-peeps got little stepladders, so they gotta be spies! No way, mates, we know they jus' friends. So please let 'em outa jug an' we all have Kleftiko an' Retsina party to celibrate, innit. Cor blimey - Stavros an' son even give 'em free Ouzo to celibrate, mates! An' I got good contacts in Basildon an' also in Buckingham Palace where long lost relation is livin'. Innit?

fobotcso
12th Dec 2001, 00:20
Easy Beags, have another glass of Retsina an' it'll be Okay, init?

FireyFred
12th Dec 2001, 03:05
Now then BEagle careful fella, you need to get out more. Very similar to faxing ATC from the Falklands about the passing of wind! As if we really cared.

[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: FireyFred ]

Helpful One
12th Dec 2001, 03:27
Oihh! Beagle!

Say DME MILOS!

They are getting civilised - slowly.

[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: Helpful One ]

BEagle
12th Dec 2001, 10:18
WHA' IS YOUR DME SITIA??

PS - was supposed to be a tribute to the 'friendly kebab man' on Harry Enfield's show, not to be 'anti-Greek'!

PPS - don't understand the reference to faxing ATC in the Islas Malvinas about 'the passing of the wind'??

blended winglet
12th Dec 2001, 15:39
Beagle;

I appreciated your posting, it was good innit peeps,
pass another kebab please,

hmmm, seems an over reaction somewhat by the
mil' peeps, but mil' is mil' & rules are
rules innitpeeps.

Wycombe
12th Dec 2001, 17:01
.....seems they are to be released on bail

See here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1705000/1705317.stm)

....likely to face reduced charges at a later date

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: Wycombe ]

blended winglet
12th Dec 2001, 19:10
meant to say also;

here at EGSS there is notice which
specifically says 'no spotters'