PDA

View Full Version : AP 3456 - CD Rom-Anyone know where I can Get one/them?

Big Green Arrow
11th Dec 2001, 15:41
Am cramming for some exams.....apparently the AP 3456 is good for loads of the topics....are they on CD Rom? If so where can I get some from (preferably without having to part with too much wonga!)

Help appreciated

BGA

fone_effect
12th Dec 2001, 00:06
Central Flying School Cranfield. But they are in short supply and great demand. Good luck.

imooshiz
12th Dec 2001, 01:17
call the number on the inside cover

The Bonk
12th Dec 2001, 01:26
You can have the entire AAC's as we don't have any way of reading them anyway! Nice coffee mats though (only joking CFS!)we wouldn't dream of using them for that.....its frisbees instead!

;)

BEagle
12th Dec 2001, 01:33
Perhaps you should try putting them in a CD-ROM drive instead of on your wind up gramophones, Hairy Arm Corps!

CAC Runaway
12th Dec 2001, 21:13
Drop me a message and i will make you a copy and post it to you. What exams are you going for?

Dan Winterland
13th Dec 2001, 01:00
A little light reading - better than Tamezepam anyday!

The Nr Fairy
13th Dec 2001, 13:44
Is AP3456 a restricted publication ?

Tonkenna
13th Dec 2001, 23:36
I don't think that it is restricted, but it is certinly copy-righted.

Tonks

The Nr Fairy
14th Dec 2001, 01:24
Tonks :

Not being mil, I'm sure I'd have to pay for my copy . . .

Sloppy Link
14th Dec 2001, 01:31
Borrowing a paper set is a far better option if you can, I have found the CD Rom difficult to read in that it uses "Dyna-Text" that splits the screen in half, the top half being the index and the bottom half the text you are reading, it gives you about ten lines. Further, to view a diagram, you have to select it as a short cut from the text you are reading and once it appears, it obscures the very text you are cross referencing it to! I feel it is fine if you already have the knowledge and wish to refresh yourself on a finer point but for trying to teach yourself, you would be better getting a set of books from PPSC/Cabair/Bristol and the like. Like any electronic publication, browsing is not easy and the learning gained from searching through a paper publication is denied you as the search engine does it for you. I do not rate it as, given a subject, I could probably find the right volume straight away and then find the relevant chapter, the same subject, when put into the search option would offer me many options that I would have to plough through to discount before I found the relevant part. For instance, Altitude appears in five of the nine volumes, which volume do I want?
Beagle, you are quite correct, the system provided gramaphone player could not play the new shiny record that the RAF sent us but I broke the rules and took it home where, by walking through my front door, I passed into a IT time warp and amazingly, my offsprings computer (discarded by me many years ago) could read the shiny record!

[ 13 December 2001: Message edited by: Sloppy Link ]

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
16th Dec 2001, 20:52
Any possibility that us little Air Cadets can get a copy (old or otherwise) from anywheres?

Sloppy Link
16th Dec 2001, 23:20
I rest my case! Even the Air Training Corps have gramaphones that can play shiny records! Please Santa, can we have one?

noprobs
17th Dec 2001, 17:49
Try:
AP 3456 Sales, Central Flying School, RAF College Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincs, NG34 8HB, or e-mail [email protected], or telephone 01400 261201 ext 6896.

Pete O'Heater
21st Dec 2001, 13:18
I honestly wouldn't bother trying to get the AP3456 on CD ROM - It's 'user hostile' in that you can't scan it like a book, the graphics are appalling (and can't be printed out anyway) and you'll quickly find yourself picking up the paper version!
If you do get one then glue some felt to the bottom of it before using as a beer mat!
Good Luck.... :)

Big Green Arrow
21st Mar 2002, 17:51
The version I got won't work, any helpers?

The Nr Fairy
21st Mar 2002, 18:52
Tried this ?. .. .<a href="http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=006363&p=" target="_blank">http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=006363&p=</a>