PDA

View Full Version : Virgin and Jetstar Perth pilot bases

Ted Nugent
9th Oct 2009, 05:03
There has been a lot of talk about these bases for a long time now but are they up and running? I cannot find any solid evidence to prove they are. I do apologise if I have missed something so please be kind.

slice
9th Oct 2009, 05:47
Virgin have an E-jet crew base in Perth of about 30 or so pilots. Has been going about 6 months from memory.

Capn Bloggs
9th Oct 2009, 06:09
Virgin have an E-jet crew base in Perth of about 30 or so pilots.
As evidenced by the tieless, hatless, bomber jacket flapping-open-in-the-breeze swaggerers from the staff carpark to T3. Biggles would be shaking with disgust in his grave! :E

mattyj
9th Oct 2009, 08:13
what?! thats the best thing bout flying for virgin

neville_nobody
9th Oct 2009, 12:06

Maybe but it's a bit embarrassing when you have to explain to people that you really are a pilot and wave your ID around as you push in front of them at the security lines. Qantas and Skywest boys and girls don't have to explain who they are as they push in.

Zoomy
9th Oct 2009, 21:42
Christ how does a simple question about JS and VB bases turn into a slanging match aboout a uniform.:rolleyes:

greenslopes
9th Oct 2009, 21:52
Because as usual it turns into a pissing contest. having said that the VB uniform does more resemble a bus drivers than a plane drivers.
Funny how in the PR material Branson always appears in a uniform worn by Virg Atl, and yes I am talking about ads representing VB.

neville_nobody
9th Oct 2009, 21:59
He started it! :\

Tankengine
10th Oct 2009, 00:00
Also a 737 Qantas base there, and available quite junior!:ok:

Capn Bloggs
10th Oct 2009, 00:06
Oh lighten (or harden?) up, you lot! :)

Roller Merlin
10th Oct 2009, 01:38
Hey Ted, I remember you from the 70s - great guitar work buddy!

JQ now have a Perth base with a bunch of pilots based there. Right now it is pretty much all international flying PER-Bali-SIN and back on the A320, possibly A321. These crews are just starting SIN-Penang-SIN and SIN-Bangkok overnight then return to PER via all points south.

Howard Hughes
10th Oct 2009, 02:52
As evidenced by the tieless, hatless, bomber jacket flapping-open-in-the-breeze swaggerers from the staff carpark to T3. Biggles would be shaking with disgust in his grave!
At least Biggles would have had the decency to do his jacket up and wear a silk scarf! :E
It would be if it came with a matching leather flying helmet! ;)

Ted Nugent
10th Oct 2009, 02:58
Thanks roller

Finally someone comes through with the goods on Jetstar.

These crews are just starting SIN-Penang-SIN and SIN-Bangkok overnight then return to PER via all points south.

So what you are saying roller, they are using Perth based pilots for some of the internal Asian flying as well as the routes to and from the mainland. Very interesting.

With Virgin recently opening up requitement on the E-jet, presumably for their Perth base, and with Jetstar ramping up their flying out of Perth, things are starting to look promising again!

whogivesa????
10th Oct 2009, 03:57
DJ's PH base is an Ejet only base with most of the flying day trips from PH, with some 2 day trips to AD.

Its the Pleats
10th Oct 2009, 10:23
Ted, yes very interesting. Imagine if Asian based pilots were doing Australian domestic sectors! Pprune would be in meltdown! BTW, I don't think its a bad thing doing inter-asian sectors.