PDA

View Full Version : Environment Agency reporting

NuName
9th Oct 2009, 04:23
Hi all,
I would be interested to hear of other operators experiences so far with this scheme. It all seems very complicated and time consuming, anyone got it sorted yet so its quick and easy? Being a dedicated thickie, I cant even, for sure, understand what they want from me.:8 The examples I have seen so far look like they were created by empire building, computer loving, authoritarian bureaucrats. If there are any like minded folks out there, maybe we can pool our knowledge and help each other.

Kak Klaxon
9th Oct 2009, 12:45
Hi, I put my application in a few days ago, as I hit submit it told me to pay 750 pounds process fee. I thought it was free so until the accountant pays I guess nothing will happen.
It took a long time to work out what they wanted me to put on the forms, even as a small emitter, cant give you any feed back other than the clock is ticking, good luck.

flyingfemme
9th Oct 2009, 17:33
they were created by empire building, computer loving, authoritarian bureaucrats.
Nail, head, spot on.

You forgot the bit about "no regard for costs to particpants".

The whole thing was created for large airlines (small airlines being exempt) with nobody actually realising that the operator of a single "small" aircraft would have to comply.

If you can afford an aeroplane, you can afford the costs. Right?

NuName
10th Oct 2009, 05:06
My thanks to the folks who have replied so far. I am suprised, I thought I would be inundated with comments, but no. So it would seem that most of the folks out there have it all sorted, under control and do not wish to share any info, or, like me, are still trying to figure out how to deal with this issue without it becoming a serious ongoing burden.

Kak Klaxon
10th Oct 2009, 09:26
I will be more than happy for you to use my stuff but I dont know if its any good. PM me any questions you have.
If you are a small emitter then you do need to apply to use "a commission approved tool" which is shown on the examples as PAGODA. PAGODA is not ready yet.
For record keeping I am using a spread sheet, Eurocontrol records(whatever they are) the aircraft log book and "a commission approved tool".
I have also put N/A in some of the required questions as they seem to apply to British Airways.
If you are a small emitter then there is lots you dont have to fill out. If you are stuck ring the Environment Agency as they have told me that they have had very few applications and they are sitting around waiting to start work.
I think many one man bands have done nothing because they think it does not apply to them,(it does) I too posted a thread about this subject over a month ago and got little feedback.
I would of thought it a good idea to get some kind of application in before the deadline so you wont face any "action".
The flow chart I produced is a joke thanks to my lack of IT skills and is probably stuck to the Environment Agency notice board for all to mock.
Have fun!

NuName
10th Oct 2009, 10:26
Hi Kak, well I managed to register but as soon as I tried to proceed I was inundated with questions that I had no aswers for. A bit of research and I will try again. It seems quite obvious that whoever has been tasked with this project has really taken it to heart, maybe the first project they ever had. When you want people to pay you money, keep it simple, it will work much better. Surley if we just reported how much motion lotion we have burnt, the emissions would be obvious.:{

twinjetter
10th Oct 2009, 19:57
If anyone wants to take the headache out of this, I can point you in the direction of an outsourced planning and monitoring agency.

Additionally, I have contacts for an approved verification Agent for the day when we actually have to start proving our submitted figures with hard evidence:eek:

PM me for details

TWJ

His dudeness
11th Oct 2009, 09:36
I submitted that stuff with the help of our Department (!) for Emission and Emissiontrading. (Cement Industry - huge emitter)

When confronted with that task, they laughed their asses off on the rediculous low amounts we emit there (C680 300Hrs/year) The monitoring is done quite easily in our concept (not yet approved I have to say) We just record overhead-overhead mileage (plus the required 95km added), Fuel used (as a result from Fuel on dep minus Fuel on Arrival), Pax numbers and - if applicable - freight in Kilos. We have provided also a table from Cessna on the measurement accuracy of the fuel indication system.

All in all its not so complicated as it seems in the beginning. What really annoys me, is that commercial operators are excluded, as if cooperate flying would be private....