PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Swiss

Hasherucf
8th Oct 2009, 12:47
Hi

Are there any opportunities for light fixed wing aircraft maintenance jobs in Swiss? I am an Australian engineer with a British passport

Any advice of my chances of working there would be good.

Cheer

tuned cavity
9th Oct 2009, 15:00
The smallest aircraft Swiss operate is the 146. It is unlightly that they are looking for people as they tend to recruit from SRT and they are a subsidiary of lufthansa. A better option would be Jet Aviation who maintain business and light aircraft. The main base is Basel with smaller operations at Geneva and Zurich. FARNAIR operate ATR 72 from Basel and often require engineers. There are a number of smaller companies within Switzerland operating from secondary airports such as Bern you could do a google.

billysmart
14th Oct 2009, 08:38
tuned... your information is out of date,

there has not been a swiss intl airlines base in basel for 1 year. main base is zurich. Basel was taken over by lufthansa technik switzerland (LTSW) look after the swiss rj for c check and line work in basel. swiss does not tend to recruit from SRT at all - i heard that they hired about 10 guys from srt some months ago but that was for the 3 a330-300 that swiss have taken over. lots of other guys have joined from different companies/countries but they are on the night shift.

i applied about 6 months back but i got knocked back and i have the rj so if u only have a light aircraft then u got no chance.

seems they only looking for people with airbus at the moment.