PDA

View Full Version : GenAv aint so dead in Nigeria

flareout BC
8th Oct 2009, 11:39
For Mr Na' Abba, a member of the House of Representatives, spoke of his two Cessna light aircraft, last year. He described a trip from up north to the southern city of Enugu, praising the convenince of light aircraft when he observed that he was able to return same day, and that it would have been impossible with the scheduleds, never mind by road.
Also, on TV appeared a Piper twin, probably Aztec and not Apache, spraying vast farmlands in the north, part of a locust control programme. The sixty-something pilot struck one as an old school Nigeria Airways type. The shots were extensive and the airman also answered the reporter's questions. It was shown on NTA.

Capt. Manuvar
10th Oct 2009, 14:19
I met Hon. Ha'abba some time back, he had plans to start a flying club in Kaduna. I believe he has about 6 aircraft parked at DNKA. I think the NCAT and NCAA seem to try and suppress anyone from starting any flying training organisation in Nigeria.

There are 3 cessnas in Lagos that were acquired by another individual with the intention of starting a flying club in Ibadan, but aviation house don't seem to be in favour of anyone encroaching into Zaria's territory.:ugh: