PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat on MN755 FACT-FAPE 11/10/09

kevin208
8th Oct 2009, 11:04
Hi guys, does anybody know if they could help me obtaining a jumpseat on my flight back to Port Elizabeth on my way back to 43 Air School in Port Alfred after a visit back home.
I got a jumpseat on my 1time flight on the way here because I knew the captain. Not sure what Kulula crews are like in this regard.
The details are as follows:

Flight number: MN755
Departs: FACT at 11:50
Arrives: FAPE at 12:00

Please guys would really appreciate any advice or if by any chance if a Kulula pilot knows who will be flying that flight if they could arrange something.
Thanks alot all!!

Kevin Copley

8th Oct 2009, 18:23
When Comair said they were getting "new" fluffys, they forgot to mention how damn fast they would be. 10min from CPT to PLZ. Yehaaaa :}

Shrike200
8th Oct 2009, 22:56
That's pretty funny actually - just did some checking, and those times are listed on their website too....odd. Maybe their Fluff's have some P&W J58's on them or something...

DownIn3Green
8th Oct 2009, 23:09
Kevin,

Not only in Africa, but everywhere in the airline biz...If you have to get there, don't depend on the jumpseat...free always ends up costing more...and a ticket with an ID will usually get you an upgrade to First...(and a few more "yes sirs" as well...

james ozzie
9th Oct 2009, 01:16
Sorry to sound negative but I think the days of jollys in the jump seat are over, unless you have a very good connection. As far as I know, most airlines nowadays absolutley forbid non-crew on the flight deck. And if you have a very good pal up there, are you not pressing the friendship by asking him to break his company rules while he is at work?

kevin208
9th Oct 2009, 08:09
Hi all, Yip i do have a ticket of course! I also am gonna have all the relevant documentation showing that i'm busy with my private pilots licence..! Thanks all for the advice

Woof etc
11th Oct 2009, 22:14
The time discrepancy can be explained by the fact that PE is so laid back that time slows down.

birrddog
11th Oct 2009, 22:41
I was hoping it was a reverse of the trend observed over the past 15 years where flights in SA started to have a longer duration.