PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 337 Pictures

Jetdoc
7th Oct 2009, 02:06
Does anyone have any pictures that show the rear engine(turbocharged) installation of a Cessna 337. Some students are interested in installing an engine in an old airframe and building it up. The engine and assorted parts have been stored in boxes along with lots of other parts. The maintenance manual is of limited help when it comes to showing the routing of the lines, etc.
Any pictures that can help identify parts and show their installation would be greatly appreciated.

SNS3Guppy
7th Oct 2009, 09:11
Your post is somewhat ambiguous. When you say that you don't know how to route the lines, are you saying that you don't know what lines connect to what point...or are you saying that you simply don't know whether to route a fuel line over or under the engine mount?

If you're trying to build an engine or install one based on pictures off the internet, there's a serious problem. If you're just trying to tidy up line placement, that's another matter.

Jetdoc
7th Oct 2009, 12:31
Its an old airframe at the college. Its never going to fly again. Some students took an interest in installing an engine in it. The engine itself was removed a few years ago and most of it ended up in some wooden crates full of other parts. Basically, its a question of sorting out the parts tha belong on the aircraft from the ones that don't and also to get the idea of the routing of some of the line. Its really quite a mess. Any info would be of help.

mainwheel
7th Oct 2009, 14:06
Sounds like a good project, good to see enthusiasum!:ok:

An explanation of the IPC and see what happens........................

mainwheel
7th Oct 2009, 14:26
Try this if no IPC............McCurtain Technology Group - Cessna 300 Series Products (http://www.mccurtaintg.com/cessna3.htm#sku33702)

Malcom
7th Oct 2009, 19:36
Use the Maintenance Manual and Parts Cataloge together with a bit of common sense - you'll find it educational & if a Cessna 337 doesnt put the students off aviation then nothing will!

Jetdoc
7th Oct 2009, 21:13
Thanks mainwheel. I'll look into that. We've got some manuals but they are really lacking when it comes to illustrations. I'm more of a Boeing/Airbus guy. My experience with smalller aircraft is limited to the kind you find in maintenance training schools.
I certainly don't want to hold the students back since they are quite enthusiastic. They are capable of using the IPC and AMMs but as I said, we have come to the point where a few pics would really help.

Rigga
7th Oct 2009, 22:38
I think the Common Sense thing is a good idea for students.

Let them put the lines where they think they should go - and discuss why they should/shouldn't go there: Length/Heat/Chaffing/Cleating/Clipping/Shrouding, etc.

Doing that would be most educational (to them) and teach them the practicality of why things should go into proper places in a regulated manner

It could only go wrong?

Rigga