PDA

View Full Version : Juxtaposition

Cornish Jack
6th Oct 2009, 17:42
I may well be alone in finding vast irony in the relatively few responses to the sadness of LtCdr Fredericksen's passing next to the five, or so, pages of comment on the silly blatherings of a juvenile female 'officer'.
I used to be proud of a Service which represented 35 years of my employed life - I find great difficulty in recognising any of the positive attributes which balanced the universal and ever-present difficulties of membership of the Armed Forces............ Old Fart?? Very probably but, given what I have read in those two threads, IMMENSELY proud of being so:ok:

cazatou
6th Oct 2009, 18:08
CJ

I concur

minigundiplomat
6th Oct 2009, 18:45
I, like probably 90% of the people on here, didn't know Lt Cdr Fredericksen, making any comment I may make rather shallow or superficial. I have no doubt he was an extremely fine gentleman who had a huge impact on the RN.

I also don't know the young female officer, but her ramblings divide opionion and inspire comment.

I think comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges, and I wouldnt get too exasperated. One positive comment from a position of knowledge is worth 20 pages of morale outrage.