PDA

View Full Version : Cessna ProAdvantage Programs

larson311
6th Oct 2009, 17:21
Hello All,

I'm about to operate a Cessna CJ2+ for 400-500 hours/year. I would like to have feedbacks from those who flies and operate CJs. What's your feedbacks regarding the differents programs (ProParts, PowerAdvantage, ProIgnition, ProTech etc). Which program would you recommend and not?

Thanks.

L

flyingdiver
7th Oct 2009, 20:13
Go ProParts for sure. Others are kind of trickier to quantify.

CJ Driver
7th Oct 2009, 22:24
We use ProParts and PowerAdvantage - I dunno what is in the others, and I'm not even sure that they apply to the CJ's.

ProParts is a simple "insurance" style of product. You pay a premium based on hours flown, and all the parts you consume are then free. Cessna make a profit on the program - the total paid in by all the operators exceeds the cost of the parts. If you were operating a fleet of 20 or 30 CJ's, you would not use the program, because with the statistical amortisation of parts costs across your fleet you would be better off just paying for the parts. But with only one aircraft, the cost of the program is a good deal compared to the cost of an unexpected eye-watering expense. With your high utilisation you might pay $40k per year into the program, but there are still individual parts (ProLine 21 screen for instance) that cost $100k. You only need to be that one-operator-in-a hundred who trashes a PFD to make it all worthwhile! Since most CJ's are single-aircraft fleets, I think you will find a high proportion of CJ operators sign up to ProParts.

PowerAdvantage is Cessna's version of the Williams TAP engine program; both programs are very similar. They are much more like a savings plan, rather than insurance, because out-of-phase "events" are almost unheard of, but everybody hits TBO eventually. The engine program is therefore a savings scheme that you pay into and cash out when you hit an overhaul.

Both programs are well worthwhile, since they really do take the sting out of the high cost items, and make it much easier to do the flight department budgetting. Recommended.