PDA

View Full Version : Highland Airways-are they a sound financial comp?

mooguy
6th Oct 2009, 11:06
Please excuse my already having posted this query several months ago, both in the cabin crew section and now here....if it gets posted! I am not the most technically savvy, and am trying to figure out various aspects of this forum, it does seem to have changed a bit since last I posted in July.

I am tring to gain information on this company, as they are constantly looking for crew, and Crew managers etc. Is there anyone who could give me an honest, unbiased opinion on either what they are like to work for, or if they know someone working for them. They are a small Inverness based comp, operation primarilly a J41, and I believe also a J31....I'm considering work with them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this matter, and please could one of you administrators, when you have the time, explain to my technology challenged noggin where I am inadvertently going wrong, and what to do should my posts be deleted or put somewhere else........I am generally not offensive I hope! Cheers:D

Duck Rogers
6th Oct 2009, 12:01
Gladly.

Your problem is that you have fat fingers and should stay away from a keyboard. Forever.

;)

You have a PM (Private Message). Tell me exactly what parts of using this place you need to know about and I'll gladly fill you in.

Duck

gordon field
6th Oct 2009, 20:37
Duck. I think that this type of posting should not be allowed as it can only lead to speculation and hastily posted comments from some who, for whatever reason, may have a grudge against a particular company.

Companies wishing to do business should use credit checking agencies. Pilots and engineers seeking employment should not openly speculate, if they have been offered a job then go and meet the team at Highland and make their own opinion.

bingofuel
6th Oct 2009, 21:05
Gordon Field, I agree with you completely
. I know this is a rumour network, but rumours can grow arms and legs very quickly based on nothing more than mere speculation. Reading the original posters question he seems to know little of the Highland operation so , as you say, he should go and see them and make his own mind up. Nobody should be asking speculative questions about Companies finacial stability in these very uncertain times.

tarnish26
6th Oct 2009, 21:37
I reckon the West Coast Fishing Fleet wish they would go bust!!;)

Duck Rogers
6th Oct 2009, 21:40
Thus far we have a would-be applicant asking for feedback on a company to which, so far, nobody has even replied! Fer chrissakes fellas, I know what you're getting at and I've deleted a few speculative threads this year for that reason but re-read the OP and tell me where mooguy has written anything likely to start a run on the company and I'll deal with it.

I don't think asking.... Is there anyone who could give me an honest, unbiased opinion can be described as scaremongering by ANY stretch of the imagination, do you?

Duck

ltn and beyond
7th Oct 2009, 03:43
Mooguy

So have you actually being offered a job with this company? Or are you just thinking about applying?

Im sure if you have met them gut instinct will play a big part on how you feel about them!

mooguy
7th Oct 2009, 21:14
Yes, to the last poster, I have met them. And yes-gut instinct said run forest run! Oh, by the way, I do not have fat fingers:ok: Er...not that big

gordon field
8th Oct 2009, 20:39
Duck, I think that the answer to your question is in the heading Highland Airways-are they a sound financial comp? The word financial is the one that can start unnecessary speculation and damage that is hard to respond to. It is up to each individual or company to reach their own opinion.

Duck Rogers
8th Oct 2009, 21:26
gordon field

Members are entitled to express opinions, pro or con, or highlight financial data on operators within reason and the terms and conditions of this site. A privilege you've exercised yourself on several occasions in the following threads.

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/363571-air-partner-stock-options-all-round.html
http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/353137-netjets-invest-30-mio-euro-egelsbach-airport-near-fra-2.html
http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/347983-lea-redundancies-3.html#post4588991

..........and of course, this one.

It is up to each individual or company to reach their own opinion.Indeed. So why don't we let them do just that?

As I've already said, threads promoting ungrounded rumours about a company's instability have been deleted, by me, several times. The question in the title to this thread is harmless. Should you not agree please use the 'Report' facility beneath the usernames and put it to the other moderators.

flyinggreko
10th Oct 2009, 16:52
mooguy,

if you "met them" at Highland, then you would know they dont just run a 41 and a 31, they run several 31's and 1 41. I am pretty sure they would have told you that, or you would have asked!

This post does seem like someone who already works for them trying to create some bad press.

For what it worth, Highland are not on a great financial footing (as far as i know from someone who worked for them), as they have just asked their crew to take another 5% pay cut. Crews are not happy as they only just accepted 5% cut a few months ago. But what airline is doing well right now?

Have a look at PPJN, someone (probably management from the speak) has recently updated their page - trying to put the pay cut in a good light. Best of luck! The new investors are not new, they are most likely creditors.

Perhaps what Highland need is a change of management, at least that is what many employees think (apparently).