PDA

View Full Version : Northern Nigerian LJ60 Operator

Der_Fischmeister
5th Oct 2009, 11:37
Hi there Folks,
well had a call about this possibility.Anyone informations whats behind that ?

Cheers ya all,

its ...THE FISCHMEISTER

FLEXJET
5th Oct 2009, 12:14
If it's the Zenon job offer it should be fine (ask for serial number and identify the aircraft) but if not I would be very careful considering job offers in this area as there has been some scams with fake job offers. Look for serious job providers and be sure the operation is well identified before spending any penny, should you need to.

e.g. :
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/303913-job-offer-scam-nigeria-bellview-airlines-chanchangi-airlines.html

lear60fellow
5th Oct 2009, 18:04
I received the same offer, of course Nigeria NO WAY!!!! conditions are bad and working over there only in case I donīt even find a job on a Mcdonalds serving burgers

Der_Fischmeister
5th Oct 2009, 21:09
well how about some Details?

Cheers

theWings
8th Oct 2009, 13:28
l6f,

people once used to say 'made in china' with equal derision. branson put his name to an operator over there, so is it really all bad??

or maybe u just like big macs?! ;)

lpokijuhyt
8th Oct 2009, 18:52
Big Macs are better...

StressFree
8th Oct 2009, 19:14
Big Mac or Nigeria?

I'll take the burger ANY DAY :eek:

merlinxx
10th Oct 2009, 14:58
PM the folks:ugh:

Duck Rogers
10th Oct 2009, 18:38
Right. I'm getting tired of this so I'm breaking the unwritten mod rule and rising to the bait.

Those of you who actually bothered to read the site terms and conditions on sign up will be aware of the rules on advertising. Basically it's forbidden. Why? Because the owners are a commercial entity who charge the advertisers you see on here. I'm not getting into that old argument again other than to say it's their site, they can run it how they want and if we don't like it we can exercise our perogative and go elsewhere. Maybe even try setting up our own place.

When I started the jobseekers threads at the top of this forum I was warned by a senior PPRuNe administrator that I was making a rod for my own back. He warned me that the thread would be open to abuse from commercial operators looking to circumvent the advertising charges and sure enough I delete several per month. I'm certain that a few slip through the net by posing as bona-fide members but until that's proven they get away with it.

I've already explained this to PPPMember via private messages over the last few weeks after deleting several of his/her posts which had the appearance of touting for business. I did the same thing again (twice) this week. I laid out the entire situation politely and at length including the trick of PM-ing members with job info as suggested by merlinxx and explained how making his/her posts read less like something from the HR department would allow me to leave them in-situ.

I know some people might see it as poor form for a moderator to call out a member in the open forum but I've already been through the PM system and if PPPMember wants to berate me in public I think I'm entitled to the right of reply.

There you have it.

Duck Rogers
10th Oct 2009, 19:13
PPPMember I have a hard understanding.......

Obviously.

The Beer Hunter
10th Oct 2009, 19:20
Christ almighty, it's not difficult. :ugh:

Read the rules and abide by them. If you can't post without looking like you're pushing the job then don't post, send it by PM.

Clearly we are lucky to have the jobhunt threads on here, I don't see them in any other forum and several people have already gained work from them. If Duck is taking heat for letting them run why are you trying to make his job harder?

Knock it off before you spoil it for the rest of us.

exilim
10th Oct 2009, 20:00
Excuse me ... new to the forum ... but give the guy a break please ...

The Beer Hunter
10th Oct 2009, 20:02
Excuse me ... new to the forum ... but give the guy a break please ...

All those who think exilim is PPPMember raise their hands :rolleyes:

The Beer Hunter
10th Oct 2009, 20:08
I claim my prize :cool:

FalconFlyr
10th Oct 2009, 21:02
..to be honest what I find disturbing is all these people advertising for McDonalds...:}

Der_Fischmeister
11th Oct 2009, 10:58
Well, since i opened this thread ,maybe its time to say "thanks to all replies!"
Im satisfied, heard what i wanted to hear ,no more other Questions or advice, if not maybe we shall end then this here and look forward for new Opportunities and therefore new threads.

Were all little bit stressed out ,my Opinion only ,due to this Worldwide Situation,we need to stick together not fight against each other .

so far so Good,Cheers ya all and go Seminoles!!

itīs the ...Fischmeister!!

lear60fellow
12th Oct 2009, 08:18
In the last year I have seen 3 job offers for LJ60 like this one on different operators in the world as bad as this one, no one was filled. There are certain minimums and rules, and if you want to fly in Africa do it with a JAA operator like FAI, not the best but much better condtions than down there.

Der_Fischmeister
12th Oct 2009, 10:12
Anyways..thanks for the replies!