PDA

View Full Version : MONET, MONET

Ginger Beer
16th Nov 2001, 20:28
As we fast approach our normal exit points, some are tempted to take the monet and run away as fast as possible with our nice tax free lump sums and our pensions, after all we have earnt that money, haven't we and we are fully entitled to those monies at our normal exit points.

Then we consider the loyalty card and the RAF says it needs to retain our experience and generally we like this silly game that we play?

So why doesn't the RAF pay us our earned loot at the normal exit point and then let us stay in and solve some of their problems?

We are better off, they are better off. No need to recruit and train our replacements, no poor productivity from these new bods, who will spend years taking all the courses to get up to where we are right now and after all, there is no substitute for experience.

I recently posed this not so new question to the AFBLT, they seemed to think it wouldn't be legal, that said, since when have they minded changing the rules to suite themselves??

Ginger Beer,

(only in Bermudan Dark-nStormy's)

:confused:

Tonkenna
17th Nov 2001, 01:21
I heard that it was illegal, however, one way around all this would be an interest/tax free loan. I think that would be great idea. (Dream on)

Tonks :)

Scorpius
17th Nov 2001, 03:01
One of the E3D AEOps is currently on his resettlement and has been offered a rolling 2 month contract on full pay if he will extend for the period - oh yes, he also gets £2000 cash in hand no questions asked for the 2 months. Just shows you how desperate things are getting here, or is it that people are exhausted from the recent "let's ignore all the rules about maximum flying hours (200+ in 6 weeks) and proper crew rest!

Tripe Loch
17th Nov 2001, 04:14
Of course they could do what used to happen in the Senior Service. Discharge you at your normal exit point and then reengage you for another contract the same or next day. End result entitlement received legally and at worst the loss of 1 day's pay.

FJJP
18th Nov 2001, 14:21
Sounds like Full Time Reserve Service. Leave at NRD, get gratuity/pension, 30 days in civi street and come back in earning no more than you did when you were in.

However, this means they skim off a slice of your pension because they have set the FTRS pay at certain levels, and that + pension can exceed your in-Service salary. I believe someone has challenged the pension skim-off. Anyone got any details of that case?

:rolleyes:

The Gorilla
18th Nov 2001, 16:34
Ginger Beer

I believe that this matter has been fully investigated and fell at the treasury hurdle.
What makes sense to you and I doesn't make sense to bean counters!!

As my friend and colleague Scorpius points out, times are a gettin desperate and I know that in some individual cases people have had promotions and cash thrown at them!

Some recent Air Eng Flight Sergeant promotions have magically arisen because the individual in post has PVR'd. I know of 2 such cases though, of course, this is denied by the Binnsworth spin machine.

I am just grateful that for once I was eligible for a scheme like the FRI bonuses. Don't know if we will get payment number 2 in April. Any one heard an update about that??

:( A disgruntled employee can cause a lot of heartache :)

Kiting for Boys
18th Nov 2001, 21:54
Goslings and Ginger Beer mmm....

Where was I? Sorry - yes

In employment law terms, this could be resolved if the NoD was willing. It's not difficult.

I'll write to my MP
(waste of space, promised to move to constituency years ago, lied, never comes, refused to attend all Hustings Meetings at last election...but elected anyway).

We did have Scotland's only Loony Candidate though. V funny.

Sample Policies: Smaller Class Sizes - give them little desks and make them sit closer together;
Student Grants - all students named Grant to have free university education.

Just-a-Driver
23rd Nov 2001, 20:17
Ginger Beer,
Small point of order: We are Bermudians not Bermudans.
I have a few bottles of 151 proof Blackseal at home if anyone is interested in a drink. :cool:

BEagle
23rd Nov 2001, 22:13
J-a-D - were you in the delightful Islas Malvinas about a twelvemonth ago on 1435?

Just-a-Driver
25th Nov 2001, 18:21
BEagle,
Yes, I think so, I'm not too sure as that toilet turns up in my life on a far too regular basis.
You now have me at somewhat of a disadvantage. I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself! :eek: