PDA

View Full Version : Where's the UAS forum??

Spacer
16th Nov 2001, 17:30
So, where is the UAS forum? Or has it been put on hold? Any ideas? :confused:

Wee Weasley Welshman
16th Nov 2001, 18:05
Sorry but we are strapped for server resource and every extra forum requires more resource. Which has to be paid for. The kitty is empty at PPRuNe HQ and no funding could be found.

Tonks has spent worthy time and effort on this in the background but it just is not going to happen.

I'll keep the idea in the back of my mind though.

Cheers,

Tonkenna
17th Nov 2001, 00:59
Spacer,

Why didn't you ask last night? I will post more news and reasons soon.

Tonks

Spacer
18th Nov 2001, 18:53
I didn't ask last night, because I had forgotten all about it. I was attending a computers practical on Friday when I remembered and thought I'd ask. Cheers for the replies anyway.

UAM
25th Nov 2001, 21:14
Hi, im currently serving on A UAS up north. I am currently developing our website to be fully asp capable, (things like live updateable flying program) and will probably be creating a forum for our squadron. Bit busy at the momet with finals and UAS, but should have it done in a month or two. Itll hopefully provide a good alternative until pprune can find the funds.

UAM
28th Nov 2001, 21:07
Got contacted by someone regarding security, sorry I didnt make it clear. usernames and passwords will only be created on a request basis, through me. No external viewing will be permitted, and the site will be secure. Adding a forum such as this will hopefully aid events organisation within the UAS system, and will not be a "free for all" as Pprune is.

Oggin Aviator
2nd Dec 2001, 00:14
Anyone on LUAS 89-91 (Staff or stude!)?
Email an ex member at profile.