PDA

View Full Version : which military academy?

g0f15h
6th Dec 2001, 00:37
i was wondering which military academy would be best for an aspiring military pilote. i am looking specificly at Annapolis and the Air Force academy. any opinions will help.

bad livin'
6th Dec 2001, 02:03
a)Learn to spell before your SATs.

b)Decide if you want to be an Air Force or Naval aviator.

c)Proceed.

T_richard
7th Dec 2001, 07:37
Radio badlivn is correct, your question suggests that you are a minor. In order to get into any of the military academies you need excellent grades among other things. People who get excellent grades have good spelling. Buy a dictionary and use it! Then seek out pilots in your community, ask them for their perspective. Thus you will learn what you need to know to make a decision

[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: T_richard ]

I. M. Esperto
7th Dec 2001, 22:00
US Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY.

I'm class of 1953.

Seven of our class entered flight training with the Navy.

Graduates generally get to choose which service they want a commision in, or choose not to serve at all.

It's a good deal, and a sleeper.

g0f15h
8th Dec 2001, 02:23
I feel that I must defend myself in light of your criticism. Yes I am a minor, but I was raised on computers that have this great feature called spell check. Currently I am in Panama, as an international exchange student, therefore my dictionary resources are limited. Maybe that will prove that I am at least slightly motivated. However, I believe that I asked for your advice and not your critcism, so please share any information, or advice on which academy has the better deal. Thanks.

gravity victim
8th Dec 2001, 02:58
No,Radioflyer, it just proves that you need to learn to spell. What you were getting was advice. And my guess is that your chances of entry into either establishment will not be improved if you approach it as if you were picking out a vacation.("Which academy has the better deal")