PDA

View Full Version : Sand, song and half a million quid!

gravity victim
5th Dec 2001, 19:52
Just read in the Torygraph that MOD has now confirmed that they blew £500K on Geri Halliwell's little outing to Oman. Was she worth it, men? (A better use might be to pop her into one of those tricky Tora Bora caves, Ossie and friends would be flushed out screaming in no time... ;)

Chinese Vic
5th Dec 2001, 20:15
Apparently the squaddies were throwing bottles of p*** at her.....

Which genius thought up a CSE show with Steps, Geri and Bobby Davro....?!? :p

Helpful One
5th Dec 2001, 20:22
Wasn't it nice though to see newspaper pictures of an Admin Branch Wg Cdr (ex STANEVAL PJI or P Ed O or just plain bluntie or failed Geography teacher) frolicking with her on the beach outside the Salalah Hilton whilst the boys elsewhere were NOT SLEEPING in grotty MFOT et.c.

A sound investment!

kbf1
5th Dec 2001, 22:53
The Yanks got Mariah Carey...and what did our boys get? Failed Spice! Now she's gone all "zen", she doesn't even have any knockers any more! :mad:

15/15 flex
6th Dec 2001, 08:25
Couldn't that half mill have bought a few nights in a hotel for the chaps and chapesses.....no, wait, what WAS I thinking of. Still, at least morale has improved..........no, there I go again.

:rolleyes:

SandyCrevice
6th Dec 2001, 18:35
As the performances were only in the south of Oman, those of us at Seeb (Camp Toss I beleive it's called now), just put it down to bad luck. We were surprised however, when we heard that there were 200 tickets/places for people from Seeb to travel (using internal AT), that were utilised by admin/support people. These tickets/places were not offered to the operating crews or respective ground crews. Even to those that were fortunate to be having a 2 day break in the flying programme!!! :mad:

OOPS 78
11th Dec 2001, 02:20
Does the CSE have a website. Just fancy a laugh to see who is coming to the Falklands next.

Last one in Jan was good fun though. Except the Basic Instinct dancers didn't do the one move that I expected them to do, bearing in mind the name. Still at least the tour manager was nobbing the singer.