PDA

View Full Version : Which Queue/Line to enter in the US?

kelgar
2nd Oct 2009, 10:57
Hi I am British and my US Visa is just going through now, when I make my trips to the US will I still have to queue in the Non-US citizen line or could I go in the US line? Thanks in advance, Kelgar

Bealzebub
2nd Oct 2009, 13:04
Unless you are a US citizen or green card holder, you join the visitor/non US citizens line. A non immigrant visa does not entitle you to anything.

kelgar
2nd Oct 2009, 13:50
thanks Bealzebub, I thought that would be the case but I just hoped......shame though

raffele
2nd Oct 2009, 17:07
Use the search facility - there was a very lengthy thread involving questions just like yours here in SLF a couple months ago where you might find more information that might be of use

Llademos
2nd Oct 2009, 19:16
Bealzebub is correct ... same queue, different form (white for visa holders, green for not). The difference is that if you have a visa, a reason has to be given to refuse you entry, whereas with a visa waiver you waive all rights to appeal entry refusal.

Ll

greggx101
3rd Oct 2009, 10:00
This is the thread which refers to being married to a USC in which case you can go through US lines on VW or visa.

http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/380442-using-us-citizen-line-immigration-control-if-wife-us-citizen-i-am-not.html