PDA

View Full Version : VB EJET Recruitment

nibso
2nd Oct 2009, 04:45
According to their website VB are currently hiring E170/190 endorsed pilots. Anyone know what this is all about? Since when have you had to be endorsed on a Boeing or Ejet to score a job?

ad-astra
2nd Oct 2009, 06:06
Since DAY 1

Beeroclock
2nd Oct 2009, 07:01
I think you will find its because they require them sooner rather then later! Not already endorsed takes time they just may not have?? Only guessing..

wateroff
2nd Oct 2009, 07:23
There are few out there happy to help..........:}:}:}

Chocks Away
2nd Oct 2009, 07:25
they require them sooner rather then later!

...just wait to see why and where:}

Break Right
2nd Oct 2009, 22:07
Lookout ex-skyworld drivers:D:D

bushy
3rd Oct 2009, 07:37
Or amybe it's cpeaper and more certain to get pilots who are already endorsed.

another superlame
3rd Oct 2009, 07:56
This is the Virgin way. They are tighter than fishes butt. Next they will be advertising for E-Jet trained LAMEs so that they don't have to incur the cost of training. What a great business tactic,wait for your opposition to go under and then offer those people unfortunate enough to lose their job a new job on a fraction of their old pay. Qantas has done this for a while, so I guess it is only natural for Virgin to follow suit.
To all applicants don't be fooled by Virgins hip cool and groovy attitude. You will soon find out they are they same penny pinching bean counters that you find everywhere.

The Professor
3rd Oct 2009, 09:55
"Next they will be advertising for E-Jet trained LAMEs so that they don't have to incur the cost of training."

Do you really expect them to do it any other way?

Kanga1
3rd Oct 2009, 10:59
So the V Australia Cruise FO's have been stiffed again. No chance of vertical promotion in V, no chance of going to Pacific Blue and now no prospect of moving to VB. Watch for the flood of applications to JetStar.

Van Gough
3rd Oct 2009, 11:33
What do V australia pay, out of interest?

KRUSTY 34
3rd Oct 2009, 11:48
The VA CFO's were "stiffed" from day one Kanga1. In fact when I read the contract (such as it was) I couldn't find one logical reason to take up the offer. Not only was the pay an insult, made worse by an absence of even basic incremental rises, but it was clear (maybe to all but the most optimistic of wishful thinkers) that any sort of progression just wasn't going to happen.

I certainly don't begrudge the VA CFO's advancement in their careers, but from what I've seen the only career prospect for a VA CFO is as... a VA CFO!

AS far as JQ and all the others are concerned, don't wait too long to get those applications in. That is of course provided you have more than a "frozen" ATPL.:sad:

blackbird71
3rd Oct 2009, 16:08
"US Airways today said it is close to finalising an agreement to sell 10 of its 25 Embraer E-190s to another carrier. "

Maybe its VB.

vacc1
4th Oct 2009, 00:34
So the V Australia Cruise FO's have been stiffed again. No chance of vertical promotion in V, no chance of going to Pacific Blue and now no prospect of moving to VB. Watch for the flood of applications to JetStar.

Actually that's not correct - there is an internal ad for transfer to the E-Jet. Assuming that they had the hours for VB and have completed 9mths service with the VB group they could apply.

whogivesa????
4th Oct 2009, 01:47
Rumour from within DJ, they will be looking for non-type rated E-jet FO's early in the new year.

The E-jet network is growing weekly hence the need for type rated pilots ASAP.

VBPCGUY
4th Oct 2009, 02:47
Please god no more ejets:eek:

Dehavillanddriver
4th Oct 2009, 03:54
Superlame

You are full of crap.

VB has trained over 250 ejet pilots since the introduction of the aeroplane, has invested heavily in the sim and FMS trainers as well as the training rooms etc.

Also VB pay MORE than Skyairworld did - so they are hardly "on a fraction of their old pay"

Blackbird - I think you will find US Airways are selling their aircraft to Republic

farrari
4th Oct 2009, 06:02
What is the pay

another superlame
4th Oct 2009, 08:36
dehavillanddriver, I am not full of crap. I was referring more to LAMEs than pilots. And the way the company is trying to screw the maintenance staff with their new EBA and the introduction of A licences I think this will be a downward trend between the company and its staff.

Good on VB for training E-jet pilots I congratulate them and also for training 777 crew, but they haven't trained any maintenance staff for the 777, just another shafting from the big VB.

Tell me dhdd do you find VB to be the big happy joyous and hip company that they portray to the public? I think you will find a great deal of the VB family are far from happy with the EBAs VB are trying to bring in. I guess this is drifting from the core topic so I will stop now.

But a point to ponder, will the newly employed Ejet pilots already endorsed on the 170/190 be employed on the same pay rates and scale as existing pilots or will it be a new set of conditions?

ad-astra
4th Oct 2009, 08:49
$143,527 for Embraer Captains
$78,940 - $ 93,292 for Embraer First Officers

Between 3% and 5% increases over the next 2 years (July 2010 & 2011)

Loss of Licence, overnight allowance, working on day off allowance,
overtime (>71Hrs) allowance, etc are additional.

Minimum of 11 days off in 28 (average possibly 14)

Training +10%
Check & Training + 16%

Superlame

New hires WILL be on the same T&C's no need to ponder any longer!

another superlame
4th Oct 2009, 08:59
Thanks for that ad-astra.
It seems that engineering are getting screwed left right and centre and any newly appointed LAME or new employee wont necessarily be on the same T & Cs as current employees.

At least the pilots have this in their favour.

bowing
4th Oct 2009, 09:12
sounds like PB t&c s only its NZ dollars!! and on NGs:rolleyes: Go figure that one!:ugh:

airtags
4th Oct 2009, 21:33
superlame

slight drift but somewhat relevant given your mention of not enough g'beers;

What's the progress on the replacement of the R2 slides on the E-Jets? (ie the rear slide that deploys with a 60 degree tilt at the girt - almost g'teeing any evacuating pax will end up diving face first into the dirt? - the photo is scary!

I know that after a photo went to CASA, VB & Embraer eventually came clean and late April/early May CASA agreed to a 12 month rectification period.
.......... However, if there's not enough of you blokes as you claim, then how is this kind of rectification being done? Or are they going to be sent OS?

Sidebar:
E-Jets are nice gear...but with only 3 CC to operate 4 doors and the R2 slide being a dangerous theme park ride, potentially 50% of exits may be unusable even before you hit the dirt. Is it me or does a 12 month rectification period seem a little liberal for what is essentially a critical means of escape?

littlehurcules
20th Oct 2009, 01:38
Try http://www.pprune.org/search.php or Google (http://www.google.com)

G.A. Boy
20th Oct 2009, 02:45
B737 Captains $179,408.
FO $98,675 - $116,615.

mention1
20th Oct 2009, 02:56
Here is the News:

2 more E-jets arrive at VB within a month. They were to be dry-hired out but that has changed and they will now be put to work immediately. This means a need for endorsed pilots - now.

No more E-Jet deliveries until 2011.

A committee has been established to look at a new fleet. A very long term project. Rumours circulating about B777-200 and B737-900 and of hiring next year. But only rumours :)

inandout
20th Oct 2009, 03:31
Ga Boy, thanks for that, is that with the latest CPI added.

strim
20th Oct 2009, 04:25
Where are the E-Jet crews based?

Wellhung Unit
20th Oct 2009, 04:31
ML - SY - BN - PH (small base)

GAFA
20th Oct 2009, 04:32
E-jet bases are BNE, SYD, MEL and PER. They are only recruiting for SYD, MEL and PER.

The figures listed are the current rates, with the next 3% increase due next July.

Global Xpress
20th Oct 2009, 04:32
Can someone tell me what a typical 28 day roster is like for an E-jet driver? Someone said 11, or up to 14 days off, and I have heard rumours of 3 or 4 day trips all over the country, or is this reserved for the 737?

2p!ssed2drive
20th Oct 2009, 05:13
this is interesting...
Tiger only advertised for pilots a short while ago,
now virgin are
and I hear soon jetstar may be aswell?

So... (does math in head), does this really mean almost all the major carriers will be hiring soon?

seems too good to be true? :zzz:

whogivesa????
20th Oct 2009, 09:12
Min days off per 28 days for both fleets is 11 days one roster and the next 12days. Most pilots are getting 12-16 days off per roster when you include 'blank' days.

Depending on the base 3 - 4 day trips are there if you want them. PER base is 98% day trips with some 2 day trips (O/N in ADL) The new bidding system allows you to select the length of the trips you want.

Aussie
23rd Oct 2009, 08:45
according to the website, they are going to be recruiting in the future, not just yet. So you still may get the call once they kick off recruiting...

The Green Goblin
24th Oct 2009, 03:01
From the grapevine, 12 interviewed 5 given start dates.

grrowler
24th Oct 2009, 06:22
5 given start dates
6, starting Monday :ok:

The Green Goblin
24th Oct 2009, 06:53
Get an interview or know someone who knows someone who knows someone who has. As we keep telling you wannabeqf, it's a small industry!

wateroff
24th Oct 2009, 11:58
Ahhh that is what was advertised for - rated guys. Hello McFly

404 Titan
24th Oct 2009, 14:24
TKFS

Or his post where her was doing his QF training or another thread where he only flies singles or another thread where he only flies wide bodies or another thread where he was retrenched. All these posts were this year. Pretty busy fella that Wannabe. :eek::hmm:

Dragun
25th Oct 2009, 01:35
:D Got him GOOOOOOOOD!!!

I'm waiting for the next question from WannabeQF about applying for the Qf cadetship. Apparently it's the best way to go when you have over 9000 TT :8

mcgrath50
25th Oct 2009, 02:04
I remember the days when WQF actually asked sensible questions and had only one persona!

The Green Goblin
25th Oct 2009, 02:08
I like it how he says in his post 'no flight sim stuff'

I bet he has a flight sim log book and is that guy that is rumoured to log his time as a punter on a commercial jet :cool:

Time for a new user name fella :ok:

jack red
25th Oct 2009, 02:42
to be a good bull:mad:t artist you really have to have a GREAT memory !:=

Aussie
25th Oct 2009, 17:42
looks like ya got him good :) back to the thread, anyone actually know the exp levels of some of the guys that got in? cheers

wateroff
25th Oct 2009, 23:01
:}Ejet, Captains and FO's - all with experience on the Ejet, - experience across the board from heavy long haul to sim imstructors, regional, domestic and international. Is that sufficient - why do u ask??? Just curious I am sure, as it wouldn't be some sort of peeing comp ?:}

Aussie
26th Oct 2009, 08:22
Yep Curious where the market stands at this time back home!! :ok: