PDA

View Full Version : B737-200'S are no more allowed to fly out of OLBA and ORBI by the end of 2009

fishbath21
30th Sep 2009, 18:00
Most unfortunate for all pilots as Lebanese DGCA has announced that start the new year 2010 all Lebanese B737-200 will not be allowed to operate out of Lebanon. The same applies to Iraq, where they also are going to bane b737-200 Beginning of the new year.

Any Job openings for a pilot like me with 400hrs on b737-200. I would really appreciate ANY advice form fellow pilots.

four engine jock
2nd Oct 2009, 04:21
Why would they do that? B737-200 have a great safety record. But then in Rwanda they also banned the B737-200 a couple of years ago due to a few tech delay with Rwandair Express.

powerstall
2nd Oct 2009, 04:28
If this is in regards to noise abatement regulations, 732's have hush kits. :suspect:

wannabe-aviator
2nd Oct 2009, 20:32
This has been done in Line with EASA requirements since the Lebanese CAA is fully supported and works in conjunction with the French CAA.

It is to my Understanding no 732s are allowed in EU air space some one correct me if am wrong on this?

WA

Panama Jack
3rd Oct 2009, 07:56
So . . . what is Iraq Airways going to do with their 737-200's?

M Whale
3rd Oct 2009, 14:08
Lebanese CAA is fully supported and works in conjunction with the French CAA

Completely wrong...

How curious they put a ban now, just when MEA is about to start its service flight to this country.
Oh I almost forgot, we are in Lebanon.

wannabe-aviator
3rd Oct 2009, 16:55
M whale

It is not completly wrong the French CAA is fully supporting the Lebanese CAA in all aspects from Certifications to Aircrash Investigations and feel free to contact the LCAA and they are more than happy to verify the above statement.

M Whale
3rd Oct 2009, 19:27
I don't blame you Wannabe, you're just telling us again the rubbish you have been told by someone else. Typically lebanese, talking without knowing.

Btw, what are those "Certifications" that you mentioned?

Unfortunately, I won't need to call anyone there...I know them too much :ugh:

wannabe-aviator
4th Oct 2009, 14:27
Obviously you have a Lebanese complex perhaps you hate Lebanon Progressing and my info is not past on information, it is based on first hand knowledge through dealings at the LCAA and MEA.

As for certifications it is all the SBs and ADs and recurrent training and pilot training and Airline and route certifications that must go through the Lebanese CAA which is fully supported by the French CAA.

M Whale
4th Oct 2009, 15:38
If you wanna look smart and somehow working in the industry, I suggest you start using the correct terminology...

Lebanon Progressing

yeah right...if you think that having color-labelled parties is a kind of progress, why not :}

But back to the subject, there is no support in any form from the French DGAC to the Lebanese DGCA, whether you like it or not.
What you wrongly understood from someone of MEA is that French Authorities validate MEA pilot licences, allowing them to fly their F- reg. a/c. That's all.

Comprende?

Fly safe or should I say drive safe if you live in that wonderful country?:E

BobbyFisher
4th Oct 2009, 15:54
I hear there is a new startup B737-200 out of Bahrain . Any Info ?

wannabe-aviator
4th Oct 2009, 20:47
M whale

It seems your nothing more than a SOB who cant Hack the fact Lebanon is progressing and for your information, I stand by my statement and by all means insulting me will not change the fact that the Lebanese CAA is being helped by the French CAA.

Further more if you are in the know, you will also know that MEA is soon changing all its F registered aircraft back to OD registration, Hey it seems like anyone can go to the UAE and open up any sort of half arsed operations from AN26s to BAC 1-11s but the moment that Lebanese CAA decides to make safety changes you dare to belittle thier progress in all aspects.

One can only but imagine your complex issues you have with Lebanon, I can only assume your either a Khaliji or MEA reject to have such feelings towards Lebanon and its progress, I pitty the fool inside you, and the large gap between your ears.

ODMEA
5th Oct 2009, 04:40
Thanks mods for your quick action.

Oddy.

four engine jock
5th Oct 2009, 05:59
Hi
For all you out there that operate B737-200
B737-200 are allowed to operate in European Airspace.
They just must meet the following.
Must be RVSM
Must have 8.33 radios
Must be fitted with TCAS 2 with Change 7
Must be fitted with EGPWS.
Must be stage III
Must be fitted with Enhance Cock pit door.
AOC not from a blacklisted country.
and have the proper insurance
other then that all B707-727-737-DC8's and so on can operate in Europe.

EGGW
5th Oct 2009, 06:42
Thanks to the other MOD on Duty, some of us have to work :rolleyes:

Guys keep this discussion civilised, otherwise its gets closed, we are watching.

EGGW.

fishbath21
11th Oct 2009, 17:36
Well they only have 1 b737-200 and they will stop it by the end of the year too....most of there rent airplanes now are b737-300 and above!

ODMEA
18th Oct 2009, 02:12
M Whale, isn't it funny that this country you think so little of has an airline(MEA) which is the 18th most profitable in the world(I didn't see too many other Arab carriers on the list) out the top 25 recently announced and has recently been elected to UN security council for 2 yrs. Definately signs of a basket case country eh:rolleyes: