PDA

View Full Version : Batavia/Lion ATR jobs in Indonesia?

Chazbird
29th Sep 2009, 23:02
Through various sources, mostly the aviation industry, notably EADS press releases, I keep reading that either Batavia Air or Lion Air or both are getting or have received ATR-72's. I am interested in a ATR captain position at either of the companies provided it is worth it. (I've lived in Indonesia and I deem it "worth it") I have looked at these two companies recruitment sites through their respective web-sites but it goes nowhere, literally. I haven't seen a PARC or Rishworth contract for these jobs, if they exist. There's another web based site that you have to pay USD $50 to join in order to find something out, and I am not sure what, and as such I'd rather start here first. I have heard that pay is, well, not exactly stupendous, and that there might be DGCA restrictions on non-Indonesian nationals flying there. Does anyone know anything or have a contact that might help? Thank you in advance.

training wheels
30th Sep 2009, 02:35
Does anyone know anything or have a contact that might help? Thank you in advance.
I think you'll find that it's Wings Air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_Air), the low cost arm of Lion Air that operates the ATR 72's as well as the Dash 8s.

A friend of mine is a Dash 8 captain for them. He tells me employment of foreigners is limited to those in a check and training capacity, and only if there aren't any locals suited for the position. Sounds pretty much the same as anywhere else in the world.

in FACT is
3rd Oct 2009, 16:19
recruiting Manager : Capt. Nuryanto
email : [email protected]
fax : +62 21 6348742
phone off : +62 21 6326038 ext. 2605
mobile : +62811993742

that's all I know:ok: