PDA

View Full Version : Same instructor/aircraft

aussiefan
29th Sep 2009, 04:59
Hi,
I had some lessons a while back and part of the reason I stopped was the school changed instructor and aircraft almost on a weekly basis. Each instructor had a slightly different way of doing things and wanted to spend a lot of time going over what I had been taught (not as revision but to know where I was up to)
Then the Aircraft would be changed from cessna's to piper's with different switches/styles/checks etc.
I have been reading around a bit it is seems like this might be more normal than I thought, what are peoples experience?

Fonz121
29th Sep 2009, 05:05
Hey mate,

If you go to a good school then this shouldn't be the case. At the very least, same aircraft type should be expected. Same Instructor should be expected except for maybe the odd occasion due to illness or whatever.

Find a school where they pay their instructors properly and turnover is low. The place I'm associated with has had the same instructors for the last 2-3 years.

tmpffisch
29th Sep 2009, 05:59
It's also probably worth speaking to the school about this before doing something drastic like changing schools, ask to be scheduled with the same instructor in the same/similar aircraft. After all, you're the customer.

PyroTek
29th Sep 2009, 07:48
Similar thing happened with my old school, i moved to a much smaller school, for most of my GFPT I had the same instructor, and when I had a different one they showed interest and saw logic in what i was taught by other instructors as opposed to saying I was wrong.
For the PPL navs up to solo (excluding solo recommendation) I had the same instructor.
Means less hassling around (and probably less wasting money) due to instructors wanting to spend more time seeing what else you have been taught differently as opposed to getting on and doing the lesson?
:ok:Pyro