PDA

View Full Version : S/E Plane Hire in the Kimberley (Western Australia)

scottl
29th Sep 2009, 00:19
Hi,

I'm wanting to hire a single engine plane for 2 weeks to go on a trip around the Kimberley and have been looking from Darwin to Broome in search of a suitable plane. Has anyone had any experience hiring up in NW Australia?

Thanks.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th Sep 2009, 09:52
Cable Beach Air Maint

scottl
29th Sep 2009, 10:33
Checked out Cable Beach Air Maintenance - unfortunately he isn't hiring aircraft out anymore.

Horatio Leafblower
29th Sep 2009, 13:36
Slingair used to have a C182 and a C172.. but that was probably a while ago (actually.. 15 years ago... :oh: )

D-J
29th Sep 2009, 22:12
DQE warrior was available in darwin last year owned by doc Stacey if I recall correctly

There was also a 210 available but be buggered if I can remember who's it was, an engineer from hardys I think...

FRQ Charlie Bravo
1st Oct 2009, 11:24
Lool up Emkaytee (YMKT) just out of Darwin. There might be an ultralight.

FRQ CB

lostwingnut
2nd Oct 2009, 13:11
Might be a Lance at MKT, best to turn up in person with a carton or two.
Might also be an aircraft in Bachelor.

Could also try some of the Darwin and Broome based maintenance companies, many of the engineers own aircraft.

Going of some distant memories, there were a couple aircraft floating around Kununurra, either side of the Alligator hanger, more towards the town end.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
2nd Oct 2009, 13:41
There's a guy named Charles with an RA Aus registered Rally in Wynham. They can seat up to four but are restricted to two with RA Aus rego. I think that the rego is 24-5012 but I have no idea how you'd get hold of Charles. Ring the local pilot and ask if the Rallye is still taking up space in the hangar.

FRQ CB

The Green Goblin
3rd Oct 2009, 01:59
I don't think you can sit 2 in a rallye yet alone 4!!

:yuk:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/3/1/0966138.jpg

aseanaero
3rd Oct 2009, 02:16
Love the side pipe hanging underneath , haven't seen them since the 70's on Marrickville Monaros ! :bored:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
4th Oct 2009, 01:51
Is that cable the lead to the remote control (too cheap for a radio style one)?

FRQ CB

The one thing I found interesting was the slats that would retract (into the wing) above a certain speed but extend (hopefully) in time to help the STOL characteristics on ldg.

the wizard of auz
4th Oct 2009, 02:26
Yesah, they stole that idea from the DH82A.

Ixixly
4th Oct 2009, 13:37
Was in Kununurra not long ago and did some looking around for an aircraft to hire, unfortunately nothing bigger than an Ultralight for private hire.