PDA

View Full Version : TradeWinds/SkyLeaseI MD-11

joebuckjr
27th Sep 2009, 19:45
Proving flights for the new TradeWinds/SkyLeaseI MD-11 operation started this week in MIA. Program was put together in short order. Hope it is run better than the 74 program.

TowerDog
27th Sep 2009, 20:19
Hmm, I thought Tradewinds was bought by Centurion and Centurion got ex-Gemini MD-11s to play with.

The Tradewinds Dir of Ops and Chief Pilot went to Arrow Air launcing the B-757 program over there.

TDX's 747 program.........Not sure what went wrong there besides the crash.

Lambrettaman
30th Sep 2009, 10:47
Chairman of the new Trdaewinds is Bill Stockbridge (original CEO of Gemini) and the first Md11F is one of the ex Alitalia hi-brid Md11F's.

marcusaurelious
1st Oct 2009, 15:37
Well, that should bring some accountability and professionalism to the company. Hopefully he can get pilot pay increased to at least somewhere near industry standards. Good luck, guys.

maxfly1
2nd Oct 2009, 16:33
Don't forget Connery is there.

Heilhaavir
2nd Oct 2009, 16:41
Don't forget Connery is there

and where would "there" be?

411A
2nd Oct 2009, 23:26
Don't forget Connery is there.
Not at Tradewinds, he ain't.
Dismissed....long ago.:ok:

plantraveler
3rd Oct 2009, 20:44
Connery is now running Arrow Air IN Miami
the only crooks are Coots and friends:sad:

maxfly1
4th Oct 2009, 00:33
Not at Tradewinds, he ain't.
Dismissed....long ago.

I don't think he's been dismissed, he left when there was nothing else to take from TDX and took DO and CP with him and now it's Arrow's turn. He's got a history of dirty deeds.
Good luck Arrow, hopefully new TDX can make it, good bunch of guys.

TowerDog
5th Oct 2009, 03:00
[QUOTE][hopefully new TDX can make it, good bunch of guys./QUOTE]

Well who is the guys?

Not the bunch from the original seniority list?

Did they shut down, dismiss everybody and start over again with new-hires?
OR is Centurion crews flying under the TDX flags.?

I resigned before the filing so I don't have a dog in the fight, but my old TDX buds know nothing about no MD-11s with painted in TDX colors. :=

alldaysushi
5th Oct 2009, 15:11
TDX was a pretty well kept secret, with some great personalities, and drivers.

It quickly hit the financial wall with 100USD/Barrel, and a new voted in union. Connrey couldn't get any more creative with his own pay package, with the ship foundering,... he jumped.

They did take a good run at the 74 program, however no real administartive support.

CP's on both fleets were good guys, don't know much about the MD11, sounds like fun, as long as Connrey is really separated.

Sushi

TowerDog
5th Oct 2009, 15:24
Soo again: Who is the TDX MD-11 drivers..?

Old TDX crews, or new guys from Gemini or Centurion or of the street?

Slidder184
15th Oct 2009, 00:52
Ex Gemini, some TDX, and some off the street. MD11 performing well at this time. Proving runs went well, FAA had more scenarios than any aircraft issues.:ok: anyone hear anything about Conry leaving Arrow under not so desirable terms?

TowerDog
23rd Oct 2009, 20:59
Ex Gemini, some TDX, and some off the street. MD11 performing well at this time.

Wonder who the operating crew in Montevideo was?

cosmiccomet
23rd Oct 2009, 22:01
Montevideo flight was operated by Centurion.

74tweaker
24th Oct 2009, 16:43
Montevideo flight was operated by Centurion.

And they just bent it REAL bad.
Accident: Centurion MD11 at Montevideo on Oct 20th 2009, right main gear damage (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=421928fc&opt=0)