PDA

View Full Version : Wilton ALA parachute ops / urban developement

nomorecatering
27th Sep 2009, 08:30
My partner and I are looking to eventually reside in the Bingara gorge developement, just on the other side of the freeway from Wilton ALA. is the strip itself owned by Sydney Skydivers? Can any private aircraft be based there.

As an aside issue, does the growth of a major population population centre, which acording to the Bingara Gorge master plan will have 5,000 blocks in 15 years, does that pose a problem for a parachutting operator. To give an idea, the centre of the development is less than 1000m from the drop zone.

sprocket check
27th Sep 2009, 19:06
And there goes another one.

D-J
27th Sep 2009, 20:22
I don't beleive Sydney skydivers own the strip they just run the operation there.

As we all know housing developments = problems for anything aviation realated, I'd say by the time the 5th house is built some ass*ole will be complaining to council about noise & how it wasn't there when they bought the property

aseanaero
28th Sep 2009, 13:19
The big issue will be noise even though most drop zone noise wouldn't be any louder than cars and trucks passing by.

When I flew the Porter at Lower Light in SA we never had a noise complaint that I'm aware of as it was very sparsely populated however when the Porter ended up in Cessnock (I only flew there 2 times) I believe they had a lot of complaints as the Porters 'Stuka' approach makes a lot of noise on the way down but nobody is using Porters in Oz for skydiving anymore.

The majority of other jump aircraft are quiet in comparison but odds on someone will complain once it's densely populated.