PDA

View Full Version : What's on top of your cart?

I Just Want To Fly
27th Sep 2009, 04:06
Interested in finding out what is on top of other airlines meal carts- and in particular what you put them in. Boxes, Drawers.

EG: Virgin Atlantic has one box of meals, and one box of drinks including beer, minerals, wines, juices and water. They use Colapsable Cardboard Boxes with the logo on the side.

Hope to hear a few different ideas...

nuigini
27th Sep 2009, 16:33
Pretty much the same at BA!

Two drawers from the canisters. The first one, closest to you, with two choices of meals. The second one, the farthest away, with wines and soft drinks. I never put any bottles of water on the trolley as there already is water on the meal trays. It is pretty much your decision what you want to put on the trolley. Wines should always be on it during the meal service.

starbag
28th Sep 2009, 15:52
bmi - we have an atlas drawer of hot meals on one side of the cart and a bread basket of warm rolls on the other - no room for drinks I'm afraid!

Glamgirl
28th Sep 2009, 16:05
It depends which cart we're talking about here...

Drinks service on long haul (economy cabin):

Juices, water, ice, lemon, napkins, plastic glasses, ice tongs, the rest of the drinks are in the trolley.

Meal service on long haul (economy cabin):

A box with meal choices and a box with wine (red/white) and plastic glasses. There's water on the tray, so therefore not on the trolley. Although I know some people put soft drinks/juices on this trolley, it's not supposed to be there, strictly speaking, however I don't have a problem with crew wanting to put these items on.

Gg

skyboy1919
29th Sep 2009, 15:37
One that stands out for me is our 'relax and unwind' service in economy which includes hot chocolate with marshmallows or mint tea. This is often given out while clearing in from the meal service, the cart top is full of rubbish stacked up against the pots and clean cups while you dig around with a pair of tongs in what looks like the rubbish for the marshmallows.:rolleyes:

dizzylizzy
1st Oct 2009, 00:05
skyboy: pehaps you should check your service fundamentals

sharkyhk
3rd Oct 2009, 13:20
At Dragonair, we preset all our hot entree into the carts. the top half is entree A and the bottom half is Entree B. and on the cart top, we have a Blue transparent drawer with ice bucket, Wines, Soft drink, Water , Beer, Juices, and on the other side of the cart is the Bread basket with Bread rolls in it. very organized :}

magicmorris
3rd Oct 2009, 18:30
At Emirates... We load the oven ontop of the cart.... with a cover on..... and a full bar cart follows the meal cart..... Never are drinks and meals on the same cart, except for afternoon tea!

skyboy1919
7th Oct 2009, 15:26
DizzyLizzy: Didn't say it was standard! Just seen often!!!

Frequent_Flyer
10th Oct 2009, 19:09
At long-haul JAL flights, during the meal service we have 2 drawers on top of meal cart with all cold drinks such as juice, wine, beer and ice bucket etc.
Inside the cart there is a box with more drinks like whiskey and plum-wine or diet coke and below are trays with the entrees (A and B). Also we hang a bag off the side of the top drawers with rolls/butter and another one with little dessert cookies that have to be set on the tray.....

koru_kid
11th Oct 2009, 06:49
NZ longhaul we have seperate bar and meal carts.

On top..

* Ice bucket
* 1x sparkling wine
* 2x chardonnay
* 2x sauvignon blanc
* 2x merlot
* 2x pinot noir
* 1x water
* gin,rum,brandy,bourbon,scotch,vodka
* orange,apple,tomato juice
* celery/lemon garnish
* plastic glasses

soft drink/beer/more wine-water-etc all in the drawers.

Meal carts - our carts hold 42 trays, 3 each row. We load the hot casseroles onto the trays, and put extra in a plastic bin on top for the middle trays, plus 3 foil bags of hot bread rolls.