PDA

View Full Version : Qf A330 Klax-kjfk-klax

twiggs
27th Sep 2009, 01:45
Any A330 crew heard anything about slipping in New York next year?

Tankengine
27th Sep 2009, 06:30
Yes.
AKL - LAX - JFK from about March

Presume 2 day slips same as Jumbo.:ok:

Jetstarpilot
27th Sep 2009, 06:57
Sorry to dissapoint you QF guys but the latest over here in the growth side of the group is you lot will iron out all the bugs with RED Tail 330's before handing over to the players who can actually turn a decent profit.:eek:

Legacy boys paving the way for an orange brick road to come:ok:

Angle of Attack
27th Sep 2009, 07:01
I've already got my beer now where's my popcorn? :ok:

neville_nobody
27th Sep 2009, 07:09
to the players who can actually turn a decent profit

That's somewhat questionable from what I have heard

Tidbinbilla
27th Sep 2009, 07:16
Let's see how long this one lasts, ladies...:)

cavemanzk
27th Sep 2009, 08:00
It seems to be a seasonal thing now, just like last winter with the A332 running AKL-LAX-AKL a few times a week, while during peak the 743 took over the run.

I wouldn't say it will be to long before JQ takes over AKL-LAX.

Transition Layer
27th Sep 2009, 08:03
With Jetstar Enzed drivers up front of course...even cheaper than their Aussie counterparts! :eek:

twiggs
27th Sep 2009, 08:22
Yes.
AKL - LAX - JFK from about March

Presume 2 day slips same as Jumbo.:ok:

Maybe some longer slips as I reckon the 744 will still be doing 3 or 4 per week.:ok:

chainsaw
27th Sep 2009, 08:25
Geez Angle of Attack,

Last edited by Angle of Attack : Today at 07:02. Reason: Could'nt even spell popcorn! :eek:

How many beer's did you have before writing that? :}

lowerlobe
27th Sep 2009, 09:24
The question could have been asked a little better so as to clear up the thread a bit I think you will find that the question that twiggs was asking referred to Cabin Crew slipping.

I sincerely doubt that the A330 tech crew or any tech crew would operate LAX/JFK/LAX ...I don't see the company giving the same to Cabin Crew.

My question is though, if they do operate the 330 on the AKL/LAX/AKL runs are they running out of 747's or are the loads that light....???

Dash1
27th Sep 2009, 09:42
Legacy boys paving the way for an orange brick road to come.

That would be the orange brick road built by labour from Aotearoa!
(Land of the long white cloud).

RedTBar
27th Sep 2009, 10:06
While we're joking about who's going to do what.Is Jetstarpilot telling us that the legacy boys are the only ones who can iron out the probs with the 330 and that's why the company is giving it to them at the start?:E:E:E

Like Tidbinbilla said ,take it easy ladies,it's only a joke.

skylarker
27th Sep 2009, 21:51
Lobe I think you will find the A330 on an LAX/JFK/LAX exceeds duty hour limitations, hence the slip in NYC. I believe it would be an 18hr + day.
Word is it will be AKL based crew with QAL onboard managers doing these patterns.

waren9
27th Sep 2009, 22:01
RedTbar

You're on to it mate. Bourke St couldnt organise a tea party.

W9

PS. It wont be the A330 they'll be using. It'll be something else that hasnt flown yet.:eek:

WhoFlungDung
27th Sep 2009, 23:04
It's a wind up guys. Jetstarpilot is referring to the cabin crew. JFK is one of QF's premium routes. They won't be putting a LCC on it.

Fragnasty
28th Sep 2009, 11:38
Geez Chainsaw,

How many beer's did you have before writing that?

:eek:

How many beers did you have before writing that? :}

skybed
30th Sep 2009, 22:50
be an A332 doing AKL-LAX-JFK-return. Tech & cabin crew will slip in JFK. there will be an extra cabin crew member (9) on the Lax-JFK-Lax sector in case someone is going sick.The other reason is that since our orange brothers have taken over the flying in the land of the white cloud we have lost the majority of business class passengers.They moved accross by invitation from Air NZ with all their status & points. This of course now impacts on our Qf services on the tasman and to LAX.:ugh:

Your Steak Is Ready
30th Sep 2009, 23:32
Although it is only early, the beer is gone and now for the Red, and some French Brie. This is more entertaining than watching bogans at a boat ramp.