PDA

View Full Version : Prosperine

Edition12
27th Sep 2009, 01:44
Is anyone running RPT services into Prosperine any more? Trying to organise some travel for my wife's family, and running into a brick wall.

Capt Fathom
27th Sep 2009, 01:52
Don't know which brick wall you hit, but a quick web search shows schedules for both Jetstar and Virgin!

j3pipercub
27th Sep 2009, 01:58
Or try Mackay and a shuttle bus, its about an hours drive away from Proserpine and a bit further to Airlie.

Atlas Shrugged
27th Sep 2009, 02:00
Wasn't Proserpine Australia's Most Daaaaaaaaaangerous Airport, according to Dick?

Beer Baron
27th Sep 2009, 02:52
I believe Proserpine Airport now goes by the name Whitsunday Coast Airport.

SM227
27th Sep 2009, 03:13
Wasn't Proserpine Australia's Most Daaaaaaaaaangerous Airport

Id take an overcrowded GAAP circuit anyday then risk flying at YBPN!! :}

Grogmonster
27th Sep 2009, 10:38
Virgin & Jetstar. And it is only dangerous when some of the knobs that have commented are flying in the vicinity. Its a beautiful and safe airport.

Groggy

Thumbs up
27th Sep 2009, 11:04
Proserpine is an accident waiting to happen.

Wheres the sense in having RPT Aircraft operating into a CTAF (which shares the same frequency as others close by ) , whilst also listening to BNE and then finally trying to dial up lights on a third frequency and not knowing if there really on.

Cannot believe RPT operates here !!.

tobzalp
27th Sep 2009, 11:10
Oh the humanity!!!! Can you list all the Airprox incidents from there Thumbs Up?

Warmest rgds

vigi-one
28th Sep 2009, 01:24
Thumbs Up

Obviously you dont have much GA or Regional experience or you would realise this happens many times a day.

Also flew in Prosperpine numerous times when Ansett, Flight West, Sunstate and alike used to operate there with no problem.

Thumbs up
28th Sep 2009, 12:15
Also flew in Prosperpine numerous times when Ansett, Flight West, Sunstate and alike used to operate there with no problem

Yeah , so did I.

They had a tower then!