PDA

View Full Version : Tiger airways pilots salary

rit
26th Sep 2009, 03:36
Does anyone know the salary of tiger airways pilot both capt and FO?
Are there any difference if they r bases in different places (i.e. Singapore and Australia)?

a4mrav8r
26th Sep 2009, 08:55
Does anyone have any ideas about contacting HR dept. re: DEC? I've had no success with the company website link for applying. Was invited to interview about 14 months back but was unable to attend at the time. Now it seems there is no response and I have lost the fellow's name who contacted me.
If anyone has any ideas please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Duh
26th Sep 2009, 16:03
I heard from a co-worker that Capt pay is $3000 dollars and FO is $1500 dollars. Anyone?

PUSSYPOWER33
27th Sep 2009, 00:12
After the years end in Australia you should end up with on average around $110,000 vs $180,000. Overnights are just about gone, and you are home every night of course.

The Aussie ops is a little different, you really need to know someone internally, or have a heap of bus hours to get in. Very experienced team you would be working with. Not many (in fact, zero) get in fresh of sim at the moment.

Although SR leaves alot to be desired for those who know what I mean...:ooh:

PUSSYPOWER33
27th Sep 2009, 03:41
Since when were any Tiger crew getting any bonuses? When significant profit is made then we can discuss bonuses...

Rumour that the Sin based pilots are getting 10-20% basic salary cut and 4% flt allowance cut.
Hmm, Dont think so. Sure, Tony is now looking at cutting pilot costs, but this is more directed at the type of people they are hiring up in Singas.

haileybury777
27th Sep 2009, 07:17
I know this is a bit of topic, but was wondering if any of you guys know what the interview is like at tiger? lots of tech questions? any info would be great thanks!

a4mrav8r
27th Sep 2009, 08:49
PussyPower33,
Thanks for the info. Is that USD and regarding $110 vs $180, what is the comparison?
Got over 10 yrs. PIC on bus but no luck with the response from those in HR. Thus my original question if there is some means of getting through to these guys?
Thanks for your reply. :ok:

namngm
28th Sep 2009, 10:32
there are some of us looking to get some info on Tiger including myself

but there doesnt seem to be anything out there!:ugh:

Can anyone working for them please shed some light i.e interview process

and salary and im sure this will be one UPGRADE.

These three things are just a sample of questions people have. I

personally wouldn't mind anything o rosters?

Well anyone???

southernmtn
28th Sep 2009, 16:24
nam,
Perhaps, if you ask very nicely you might get some response. Least of all, don't come barging in with an attitude that everyone who's in this Company owes you a living?

Sheeesh, YP nowadays have no manners.

johnlenon
30th Sep 2009, 00:08
Capt base pay S$8000 and F/O S$3000 all before the rumour 10-20% pay cut.

Allowance = NO housing,kids education,transport,overnight,end of contract/pension,joining/home ticket,meals and limited medical coverage.

Not sure about the flight allowance.

Kids education in an International school = S$20000 per year per child

Rental for an average reasonable good family size apartment in SIN = S$3000 to S$3800 per month.

Cars i.e.Toyota Corolla = S$65000.

functionisthestyle
30th Sep 2009, 15:48
Crikey! How can you guys get by on that kind of pay in SIN?

It is amazing (read: sad) what pilots will do to fly a shiney new jet.

azlee_19
30th Sep 2009, 16:30
u mean its better to sit around having no job than go flying for S3K/8K a month?

Grow up.

R20c
30th Sep 2009, 16:43
Flight pay for FO S$76 and Capt S$113 per hour flying 100 hours a month.. the money is good... as long as we don't get a pay cut!
apartments are between 2000-3000 for good condo with all the extras... pool, tennis courts, gym etc..
roster very stable, good crew
most are very happy here

Dani
30th Sep 2009, 22:07
The flight pay is per planned hour, not per hour flown. If you find a short cut, you still get the same money - taxi with 30kts is allowed. :ok:

Appartements for 2000-3000 for 3 bedrooms are at the lower end. But they are of good quality already. You don't need a car in SIN, if you want one, you also get it used for 50 000 S$, that's 500$/month for the loan.

Dani

functionisthestyle
1st Oct 2009, 20:14
azlee, fyi I am grown up. That is what happens when you command a livable wage.

It is called upholding the profession. As long as everyone keeps working for less, this career will be a race to the bottom. There is no shortage of new pilots willing to work for free in this business. And airline mgmts know this. Guys who think like you take that bait.

And yeah, I would rather sit around than not get paid a proper wage for my skills. At least if I'm sitting around the time is mine and not the airlines. There is life outside the cockpit ya know.

azlee_19
2nd Oct 2009, 01:39
the fact if this industry is made of so many people with different background, there are those who wakes up smelling roses everyday while some more has to wake up too early not to miss their part time odd job just to raise a penny to self sponsor their training, while some took gazillion of loans.

so if u think your 'pride' is too important, think about poeple who has been through a lot, people who need money to feed their kids, pay their bills and take care of their parents, even small amount of salary could make a difference.

True, its sad that airline managements are taking advantage of this situation, but for me, its an advantage to clock some jet hours + airbus rating.

By the way, i would like to know if it's a better option to live in Johor Bharu and commute daily to Changi? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Dani
2nd Oct 2009, 11:05
Sure, if you don't have a job you are willing to work for less. With 3000 S$/month you wouldn't make a great life in Singapore. An average worker makes about that.

But Tiger is definetly not a low wage airline. Together with the flight pay you earn as much as someone in SIA or SLK. Without the benefits and the bonuses though.

Commuting from Johor Bahru is a bit tricky. There is this causeway and sometimes you wait an hour or two. There are in fact workers who do it. But you really loose time. And from the causeway it's another hour to Changi.

Dani

Metro man
2nd Oct 2009, 12:42
By the way, i would like to know if it's a better option to live in Johor Bharu and commute daily to Changi? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Basically forget it unless you are doing long haul with SQ and only go to work four or five times a month. Even then think carefully, the check points are a nightmare at peak times and Johur Bahru crime rates are off the scale.

snotneus
17th Oct 2009, 11:06
How many aircraft does Tiger operate? Can't find anything on the website, seems like it hasn't been updated in a while.

Sunstar320
18th Oct 2009, 07:55
10 in Singas, 7 in Australia. Couple in Singapore are starting to show their age, but a few new additions lately.

Many on order, although when and where they will go is anyone's guess. But can someone tell me if 9V-TAA has moved on? I know 9V-TAL has arrived or is close to arriving, but interested to hear about TAA.

namngm
18th Oct 2009, 15:30
To sounthernmtn, i appologize, it wasnt meant that way at all, a case of a glass half empty half full.

It's good to see the pilots responding on here, hang in there with the

salary.

namngm
18th Oct 2009, 15:33
Would anyone be kind enough to share some information on the hiring

process and career progression in tiger??

you may p.m. me if you like, fly safe

thatwasclose
20th Oct 2009, 11:37
I used to work there a little while back as an f/o. I never took home less than 10,000 sing and overall had a really good time there. Good CP and head of training, real people to work with though of course it is low budget. No where is perfect but my time there was pretty good.

nyaminyami
22nd Oct 2009, 07:02
Would anyone be able to advise who is the right person/s to speak to regarding a FO postion with Tiger Airways? i am about to obtain an A320 type rating (November). I've submitted countless CV's as per their website to no avail and am hoping the type rating may make my case a little stronger

snotneus
24th Oct 2009, 06:18
Where are you going to get a 320 rating?
What are you paying?

itsbrokenagain
27th Oct 2009, 02:56
So there is all the talk about being Sing based, but whats the salary like when you are Oz based?

Sunstar320
27th Oct 2009, 08:36
[So there is all the talk about being Sing based, but whats the salary like when you are Oz based?
Go through the recent closed thread about TT in the D&G forums. Plenty of info there. Dont believe everyone in there though.

flyboy_11
30th Oct 2009, 02:47
Hi guys,

I've got an interview coming up with Tiger and i was wondering how the interview process is like. Is it very technical or more of a casual interview? I hope some of you can share your experiences. Thanks!

Btw, I just got my license (CPL with frozen ATPL)
Thanks!!

radioactive540
5th Nov 2009, 01:34
I've attended tiger's interview in july, basically about "why you want to join the company", " what do you think about the company's future", "where do you see yourself with the company in the future" and blah blah:ugh:

MumbaiRadio
7th Nov 2009, 06:05
Hi guys, sorry for the off topic question. I used to have a friend, CPT on the A320: Andy Cole Bowen. I know he went to work for Tiger a few years ago when the singapore operation started (2004 ish) but I've lost track of him. Does any of you know him or know how to get in touch?
Thanks
:)

Sunstar320
7th Nov 2009, 06:08
He is actually the Chief Pilot of Tiger Singapore at the moment.

MumbaiRadio
7th Nov 2009, 06:11
Wow that was fast! If I send you my details would you be so kind to tell Andy?
:)

SmoothCriminal
8th Nov 2009, 05:40
BombayRadio.,., am sure you can track Andy's ! contact details by simply picking up the phone and dial 1800 Tiger Airways ;) .,., or shoot a mail to their Sing HR.,., if you want to know how to find their email.... punch in tigerairways.com into that address box :E

Smoothie....:ok:

ps ; am bored obviously :}

Sunstar320
13th Nov 2009, 19:59
Ever heard of facebook

Wow that was fast! If I send you my details would you be so kind to tell Andy?
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif
I have no association with Tiger Airways. Never even met the guy.

gdukkoq
15th Nov 2009, 18:11
Any chance to get in withou a type ? I have 2,600hrs jet experience and 2,200 turbine time. Full ATPL... Are they currently hiring ?

lowvaeater
16th Nov 2009, 00:12
Hi, Does any one know whats the upgrade policy and the actual condition in Tiger? Thanks in advance!

FlyingOW
16th Nov 2009, 14:51
Are Tiger Sin looking for type-rated DECs? What are competitive mins?

Have +4600 TT, +3700 jet (A320,767,DC10) & +400 P1 A320

Cheers,

OW

mrmach
16th Nov 2009, 18:30
Any chance for a JAA A320 rated pilot with 600h on type there ?

Thanks.

fly_fly
17th Nov 2009, 12:25
cost of living very high in singapore...

flyboyjet
21st Sep 2010, 06:20
I've got an interview coming up with Tiger and i was wondering how the interview process is like, What they do in sim etc,....? Is it very technical or more of a casual interview? I hope some of you can share your experiences. Thanks!

takamasa
29th Sep 2011, 16:10
just wondering what will be my chances of getting the interview

if i have ATPL, 2500 hrs, mostly on kingair/B1900

would even consider your application?

besides, if i got my own type rating in Canada? do i still need to pay money up front for type rating training provided by the company??

thanks every one!!thousands of thanks

ReverseFlight
30th Sep 2011, 04:15
if i have ATPL, 2500 hrs, mostly on kingair/B1900if ? what do you mean "if" ? if you had 10,000 hours on A320, can they guarantee you will get an interview or even consider your application ? Why don't you ask them and see how they react to your question ?
if i got my own type rating in Canada? if again ? Can you get your own TR in Canada ? Have you talked to CAE yet ? Is it really possible ?