PDA

View Full Version : Oasis/Lynx Video

MightyGem
5th Nov 2001, 06:57
Just seen it on VH-1, first time for a while. Anyone like to own up to being on the shoot and give the story? Where was it filmed by the way?
:D

Jeep
5th Nov 2001, 15:35
MG

Im pretty sure it was 671 Sqn. I seem to remember an engine failure with the first aircraft they sent down there and if memory serves me right it was Battersea power station. All those that were involved, feel free to correct me.

wobble-head
5th Nov 2001, 18:29
A mate of mine Al Doughty was in the shoot and it was Battersea power station. They only used one aircraft and the rest is video trickery. I seem to remember being told that the pop folk didn't take the warnings of downwash seriously and some kit got damaged.

MaxAOB
6th Nov 2001, 00:16
It was 2 aircraft and yes the downwash caused a right fracas, destroying I think it was about £20,000 of stuff!! There was quite a bit of smelly stuff flying afterwards within the MoD but fortunately we saw sense and it was put down as good PR. We don't do this sort of thing enough.
Hurrah :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :) :(

Ambler
6th Nov 2001, 00:42
I understand that Big John Davies was one of the pilots that flew for the Oasis video - I seem to remember him saying that Liam Gallagher needed a good slap!! What's new? His views on Blur were more favourable!

kbf1
6th Nov 2001, 02:56
Hasn't this been round the houses before....run a search on Oasis and that should turn it up

Cirrus wisp
6th Nov 2001, 07:41
Most of the Guys were 671. JD and Andy M did the first day and suffered a SEF. John E with Al and Andy M with Dave S did the second day. Andy M and Trapper T did the third day. The first two days were with the band and the third was a mop up day for extra shots. The location was just off the easterly runway of City airport at a disused gasworks. There were some issues over NOTAMs and clearances however, there were no formal complaints, and the job got done.

The Mistress
6th Nov 2001, 23:12
I believe it was Helmut who raised this matter before. The video gave him certain er ... feelings, after copious amounts of Asbach, no doubt, which required Mrs Visorcover (or suitable inflatable substitute) being in very close proximity ;)

MightyGem
6th Nov 2001, 23:22
Thanks for that guys. I'd sussed the 671 Sqn from the letters on the sliding door. I thought I saw three different ones...but I could be wrong. The old eyes aren't what they were you know.

Detrimento Sumus
10th Nov 2001, 20:36
The shoot wreaked havoc with the flying programme on 671 at the time. In order to save flying hours for the task they ended up canecelling bits of the Lynx Conversion Course going through at the time. 671 ended up cancelling their mountain flying det (the best bit of the course) to satidfy the needs of Liam et al. In my view not really worth all the aggro as the song and said video are pants!!

Still waiting for my Llanbedr landaway - the one and only AAC approved task to incoporate a stay in a hotel. :D

Redbeard
11th Nov 2001, 13:29
oke guys

i wanna see this vid, where is it?

:rolleyes:

2's forward 1's back
17th Nov 2001, 01:36
I seem to recall the mountain flying was canned due to bad weather, I might be wrong. JD did have a SEF, DS took a replacement out to the set, only for JD to pull the old " I've got to get back to Wallop" card and left DS to fend for himself. My claim to fame is I had a sim slot that morning otherwise I'd have been on the vid near the buttie van with DS.