PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice Intake

highflya
25th Sep 2009, 06:04
Hey everyone

I've just noticed that Qantas has opened up it 2010 Engineering Apprentice Program.

Does anybody know if Jetstar will be doing the same anytime soon?

Outa the both compaines which do you think would be the best or is it better the devil you know then the devil you dont?

Cheers

boltz
25th Sep 2009, 09:40
I don't think Jetstart will because John Holland do the maintenance on the A320 series and Qantas do the maintenance on the A330 series.

highflya
25th Sep 2009, 10:07
i was told that newcastle do all the heavy maintence for the 320/321 fleet and were going to contiune doing it??

boltz
25th Sep 2009, 10:11
It might've changed, but about 2 years old, Qantas did the line and heavy checks for the A330 and John Holland did the line checks (and I thought the heavy checks as well) for the A320. I was based in Melbourne.

lordofthewings
26th Sep 2009, 10:46
Jetstar, Qantas- same company...inbred

another superlame
26th Sep 2009, 23:48
John Holland do 1 overnight check of a 320 in Melbourne most if not all nights. Line work at the major airports is still done by Jetstar.
The heavy work is still done by Jetstar in Williamstown, I think if they take apprentices they would only advertise locally. They also use a lot of contract labour during busy check times.
Good luck in trying to get in

highflya
27th Sep 2009, 02:48
cheers for your help superlame

MMA_Historicflight
3rd Oct 2009, 12:34
Go Qantas, great start, gets you in the door and trains you up, however do yourself a favour and head out to Bankstown or if in Melbourne go out to Essendon and get some GA experience and by the time your finished you will at least have your lower group licenses which will give you a bit of a head start getting a group 20/21. You can do it between shift work and also earn some extra coin. PM me if you want more info.

samdajee
27th Oct 2009, 00:36
Hi Guys...
Any suggestions on how one should go about LAME/AME traineeships/apprenticeships...
Cheers