PDA

View Full Version : OASC Help Needed!

Dukeyboy
28th Nov 2001, 03:44
Help! I am attending OASC on the 9th of December for Direct Entry Pilot Screening. I am a very keen ATC cadet with all the relevent acedemia and a very proud ATC history. I have a flying scholarship (RAF) begind me and I am a staff cadet at 5AEF. As such have a lot of exposure to current and retired aircrew. I read the times every day and have managed to wangle myself a simulator Jag trip. HOWEVER! I am worried about the mathematics involved in the pilot aptitude and problem solving. Any of you guys know where I can find a website with problems of a difficult/relevant enough nature? Also, I am a little concerned that I have gone for Air Traffic Control Officer as a second Choice, however, I have opted for a permanent commission. How can I best prepare for what is going to be the most nerve racking four days of my life?!

Rude C'man
28th Nov 2001, 03:56
Firstly drop the attitude with the Helo's my boy ,you could end up needing them one day !
secondly show some initiative and read the history files on OASC we've visited this many a time
thirdly , good luck you'll get to love the banter ! :rolleyes:

Dukeyboy
28th Nov 2001, 04:06
Thanks very much. I take it your an ex-heli pilot yourself then? And by the way, there's no attitude! - I'd be happy to fly a kite if it had roundels on! I'll do some digging for the OASC history and we'll see what happens on the day. Thanks again.

Jere
28th Nov 2001, 20:49
Having just been to OASC (early November) the best piece of advice i was given by the guys on this forum was - Don't bull****. The boarding officers can see you coming a mile off and you invariably look a prat! If you don't know say so.

Also - know your current affairs - they are looking as far back as 18 months ago -don't bother with Afganistan they've heard it before and are not really interested.

Above all don't crack under the pressure and have fun - this might seem an odd concept but it can be quite a laugh once the interview is out of the way. Good luck
:) :)