PDA

View Full Version : any simple research related to avionics system of a320/a330/a340

atnovido
25th Sep 2009, 01:48
can someone suggests any SIMPLE topics regarding avionics system of a320/a330/a340 ??

it can be something new or an innovation.

i just need this topic badly as my graduate school requirement.

really appreciate to anybody who can help me.

thanks !!!
:O

Tinwacker
25th Sep 2009, 04:15
Welcome.....
Give me some simple clues of your interest as I have an A330 manual on hand. Just basic ATA24 electrics or related to other systems eg ATA21, 28, 32, and 36 for example or not that deep la ???:ok:

nnc0
25th Sep 2009, 06:20
One of the emerging technologies is Electronic Flight Bags. In Flight Entertainment systems are quite the vogue as well. FMS nav databases and EGPWS databases are mainstream technology.

The thing the all have in common though is that somebody has to go in and manually update the things with manual/performance revisions, updated databases, new movies etc. Added up, it's relatively quite labour intensive relatively. Not just in the actual physical work either. Think of the admin work behind the scenes tracking which airplane is where, and loaded with what revision and the scheduling updates and then . .....sheesh

Technology for Datalink uploading is emerging but it seems in it's infancy.

Pick a subject IFE, EFB or the databases and put together a prototype system so the plane can pull up to the gate and have the latest updates downloaded automatically. The labour savings would be immense.

atnovido
29th Sep 2009, 02:09
Welcome.....
Give me some simple clues of your interest as I have an A330 manual on hand. Just basic ATA24 electrics or related to other systems eg ATA21, 28, 32, and 36 for example or not that deep la ???http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

i have interest but average knowledge in ATA 23 and 24.
since its just a part of my course requirements, i would like to have a simple but unique and can finish in 3 months time.

very much appreciated if reply can be achieve as early as possible.
thanks !! ;)

atnovido
29th Sep 2009, 02:20
One of the emerging technologies is Electronic Flight Bags. In Flight Entertainment systems are quite the vogue as well. FMS nav databases and EGPWS databases are mainstream technology.

The thing the all have in common though is that somebody has to go in and manually update the things with manual/performance revisions, updated databases, new movies etc. Added up, it's relatively quite labour intensive relatively. Not just in the actual physical work either. Think of the admin work behind the scenes tracking which airplane is where, and loaded with what revision and the scheduling updates and then . .....sheesh

Technology for Datalink uploading is emerging but it seems in it's infancy.

Pick a subject IFE, EFB or the databases and put together a prototype system so the plane can pull up to the gate and have the latest updates downloaded automatically. The labour savings would be immense.

excellent suggestions sir, you provide light in my pitch black mind !!!
among the topics you have given, i think, i prefer to set in DATABASE AUTO UPDATE IN COMM A/C (since i'm into electronics and electrical system, but average knowledge only).

NAV DATABASE LOADING seems to be more interesting among them.

with all due respect sir, and it seems you have this advanced experience in commercial aviation industry, please help me how to start to this matter.

much of thanks !!