PDA

View Full Version : Pilots from Colombia

cavok_italy
24th Sep 2009, 14:12
Hola, yo vivo en Italia, pero pronto quiero trasladarme a Colombia. Hay alguién por acà que puede darme algunos consejos sobre las licencias? Yo tengo FAA y JAA CPL IR ME y SE.
Gracias

AeroDiaz
24th Sep 2009, 15:56
Bon giorno!

Check out this thread.

http://www.pprune.org/caribbean-latin-america/366324-aires-colombia.html

You will find very useful information about license conversion, immigration requirements (Because you need a colombian license and a work permit or Resident status) and also about a couple of airlines in Colombia.

Good luck on that!.
Keep us posted!.

DÍAZ

Pilocol
24th Sep 2009, 16:48
It just bugles my mind that someone will move to Colombia .... and they will try to fly there ...?????:confused:
I lived there for 27 years and still do NOT have the desire to go back .... and don't even think about flying .. but well there are some people ..:ugh:
Mio consiglio .. se ai il lavoro in Italia reasta la ...
Hope I did not offend anybody ...

Keep it safe .. :ok:

cavok_italy
25th Sep 2009, 06:50
Pilocol, thank you for the advice. I went to Colombia few times to visit friends and I'm amazed by that country!!! I want to try there, in case I can always come back. I leave almost nothgin here, apart a small job in aviation with small airplanes.
At 42 years, sometimes it's challenging to change life.

Pilocol
27th Sep 2009, 18:28
This is the way it works in Colombia.
You ,want a job on an Airline ... need a close relative already working in a high ranking position :suspect:... any airline, honestly, there are a ton of pilots coming out of the few schools and most of them end up changin profession in a few months after they are tired of perssuing an imposible job :ugh:..
The ones working in the airlines have a good position (Even though the salaries are not that good) and they don't leave until is time to retire ... 60's ??:rolleyes:

Corporate jobs are very few or non-existant, and allways, for some unknown reason they hire ex-airline pilots :*... Avianca most of the time....

Now,there are only 2 options left.

Fly 1940's :mad: aircraft in the planes and sooner or later get on an accident because of the lack of maintenance .....or
Join the cartells and get killed or jailed ... your choice ..

PM me if you want more info .. sorry to be so blunt, but I hate to see a fellow aviator waisting his time and abilities in the wrong place ...

Keep it safe ... :ok:

Heading090
8th Oct 2009, 19:14
hey Cavok italy,
let me start my post here by saying that I am very sorry for the bad experience "Pilocol" had in our own country, but nevertheless there is no need of making such false statements.
I have flown in the US and in Colombia as well, and I have all my good friends flying for the three major airlines there. Colombia's aviation has doubled its size since last few years, for obvious reasons, after the purchase of Avianca by a brazilian investor.
Now, if you want to try it, I will will encourage you to do it, it is the best time!!!! there is a need for pilots everywhere there, AVA, ARE,AERORE. flying beatiful and well maintained equipment.
I have helped a few here in this forum to get those jobs in Colombia, if you need a hand, first read AIRES colombia thread , I have posted a lot of good info there, and last, things have changed in Colombia. as far as getting hired!!!!
:ok:

take care.

MDT06
9th Oct 2009, 00:45
Cavok_Italy,

Heading 090 is 100% correct. He actually gave me a lot of useful information. If you need any information regarding license conversions, just PM me. I just finished the process and I could save you a lot of time. As far as airlines, it is competitive to get it, but they are hiring.

Take care,

MDT

guajiro
9th Oct 2009, 18:10
Heading 090 and MDT,

I am curious also about finding work in Colombia, I have travelled alot in the country for many years. I live in Miami and currently fly the 757/767 and was briefly a Cpt on the 737. I am interested in Colombia since it is close to home and I am very familiar with the country with alot of friends there.

I know some people who have a flight school in Ibagué. I can obtain a Colombian license there. Any help would be appreciated. PM me if you can.

Thanks.

AeroDiaz
10th Oct 2009, 05:38
Some people talk bad about Colombian aviation now... when that´s the place where they got the experience needed to get a well paid job in... lets say.... Saudi Arabia???. :rolleyes:

DÍAZ

Heading090
12th Oct 2009, 01:11
wow, that hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they will get that message!!! hahahah

cavok_italy
12th Oct 2009, 12:50
Thank you very much guys. I'm working on it.
thanks a lot

Gusz
14th Oct 2009, 14:29
Hey Guajiro, I'm colombian and I live in Miami, Currently working for a 121, flying the mighty E-145, if you want to talk.. send me a pm...