PDA

View Full Version : EK 330 rosters

beechjock
24th Sep 2009, 13:58
Hi

Was wondering what the EK 330 roster is like. Average monthly hours, Short or long legs and stop overs?

Any info will be appreciated

Rgrds

SOPS
24th Sep 2009, 15:18
I dont think you really want to know...although I am not on the 330 I would suggest 90 hours a month, lots of middle of the night turn arounds, and at the moment, hard hard work...........

But as I say.I am not on that fleet..so await to be corrected...

tbaylx
24th Sep 2009, 15:33
Yeah the 330 rosters are the balck sheep of the airline. It's like you are working for a different company than the 777 guys. that being said after the first year and you get ccq on the 340 it gets alot better. During your first 12 months its all night sub continent turns and min days off a month.

Payscale
24th Sep 2009, 17:14
Im A330 this month. Best roster ever! Not all sheeps are black ;)

kingoftheslipstream
25th Sep 2009, 16:04
July - minimum days off
Aug - 9 days off
Sep - 9 days off

MFF, so some A340 in there with the A330. Brutal. Ultra long haul followed by min two days off, day three, back at it. Short middle of the night trips, min rest, day trips - all 'n all a real rough ride these days.:suspect:

We all got 92 hours this month (Oct block awards). The brain trust runnin' the outfit had rostering manually reduce the rosters to not give a single pilot any productivity pay, 'n they piled the xtra flyin' on ta the plates of guys on leave... they can't get any productivity pay and return from leave hammered to death by their tough schedules... or they pay fer it before they go away. Nasty... I know a guy who's banged w/48 hours in 10 days... that's more 'n half a month's work in a third of a month!:(

Like a brother said already: fatigue? it's all in yer mind, so if ya don't wanna be fatigued, jes change yer mind...:zzz:

I'd like to change his mind... I'd start by givin' him one...

fatbus
25th Sep 2009, 16:35
If its not the worst roster its dam close and would bet they are not going to improve ever.

White Knight
25th Sep 2009, 19:15
You guys gotta learn how to bid......................................................... ............................................................ .....................

Gimme 48hrs in 10 days KOS, I'll happily take the rest of the month OFF..

mensaboy
25th Sep 2009, 19:36
That's 48 hours in 10 days, with the rest of the month as Leave.

White Knight
25th Sep 2009, 19:41
Ah hell - then that ain't so good:ouch:

These seats are hard
25th Sep 2009, 20:06
Hello im on Boeing and we are all going 90 to 92 hours at the moment,this place has gone down hill last 12months. Im on leave next month with 2 reserve days and days off after leave 55hours for 2 weeks remaining and thats stick no augment trips. They have taken overtime away which i didnt do a lot of previously when we had 78 hours threshold, we do 12 hours for free now. No 3 percent for yearly increment which i dont think they have ever missed, school fees went up 12 percent which company hasnt matched , capped power and water which i was just under last year but new baby will fix that and they will increase price of services which company wont match. There are lots of people looking at leaving here in next 12 months. Do your homework before coming here so much has changed , ask at interview what will happen if your line training and you have to put an Asr in, they may sack you.
Thats my whinge but i do enjoy the flying and im lucky my wife likes it here.:ugh:

Iver
26th Sep 2009, 18:51
How difficult would it be for a medium seniority A330 FO (i.e., not a newbie) to transfer to the 777 fleet? Does that ever happen? At what point would one be able to make such a change?