PDA

View Full Version : netjets europe recruitment?

Polis
23rd Sep 2009, 21:42
Hi can anyone in the know advise when NJE might be recruiting new pilots again..also has Jet Republic gone completely or might there be a resurrection......informed comments appreciated cheers

Flintstone
23rd Sep 2009, 21:52
Which planet have you been on for the last six months?

Garba51
23rd Sep 2009, 22:18
Planet FL 380

PPRuNeUser0215
24th Sep 2009, 08:56
Netjets is recruiting big time, make sure you send your CV quick or you will miss out.
Jetrepublic just announced they will need 3000 pilots by the end of 2010.

All good out there, keep reading the news.

spaniel
24th Sep 2009, 09:44
AMEX!!! Stop winding the poor chap up!! He's clearly keen.

Everyone knows that JetRepublic won't need more than 1800 pilots and that NJE are only looking for direct entry captains!

pascualito
24th Sep 2009, 10:16
And don't forget Virgin Galactic!

natops
27th Sep 2009, 19:35
Tough interview but made it, have to relocate to Cascais...

Hankers
28th Sep 2009, 02:50
I've just got RHS on the space shuttle so please don't be sarcastic, he was only asking a question!

PPRuNeUser0215
28th Sep 2009, 10:08
Hankers, not possible... LHS direct entry only. What is your agenda ? :D :):ok:

Natops. Well done. We only take 99.9% of the candidates these days (the market being what it is, you understand I am sure). See you on the 380 ;).

Damianik
28th Sep 2009, 13:28
not funny guys...not funny at all...

BlueVolta
28th Sep 2009, 15:49
AMEX was it 100% when you joined? That must have been a very though screening!!! :uhoh:

More seriously, what is the situation in NJE? How many "days" will be needed next time? ;)

PPRuNeUser0215
28th Sep 2009, 23:44
;) It had to be 120% for me to succeed. Anything less and I would have struggled.

As for the "days needed" next time.... Humm who knows what 2010 will be like.

Polis
1st Oct 2009, 13:37
None of the replies worthwhile. There is a shell company associated with JR that still exists - does it have future aviation plans - I dont know so I asked. Similarly, when may NJE be recruiting is a reasonable question...... sadly the forum appears to attract people with no constructive comment

buzzc152
1st Oct 2009, 14:21
Ok, the serious answer is that Netjets probably hasn't finished contracting (getting smaller)yet so fresh recruitment is a LOOOONG way off. 2-4 years at least and who knows what NJE will look like then.

Does this answer your question ?

PPRuNeUser0215
1st Oct 2009, 14:31
Polis, you think your question is reasonable about NJE's recruitment plan ? And you get pissed off that some of us, working for NJE, are having a laugh at your expense ? That's when 300 full time equivalent (30% of the pilot force but in fact 520, that's 52%) have had to pick a "voluntary" option to either leave NJE for good or to stay on some kind of scheme which allows no more than a couple Euros every months to survive (we are talking about experienced grown ups with families and other commitments).

What do you think is the answer to your question ? Seriously I mean. How long do you think it will take to re-employ full time 520 pilots ? A matter of days ? weeks or.... years ? Come on, I am helping you since you think our answers are too childish for your liking !

So you didn't like our bit of fun. Fair enough but next time don't provide the stick.

Good luck in your fact finding mission... And keep on reading the news.

Call Sign Maverick
1st Oct 2009, 14:59
Its interesting to still see NJ still holinding interviews for VP sales ex's in london and many other Major citys. They are holding alot od Sales VP roles with a basic of £60-70k plus com
There recuritment prosess consits of a lovely cocktail party (all free drink for 50-80 people), then a free (3course lunch) for the group interview stage(20 plus people) at a very posh resturent in Kenisington London (for the UK job).
then if your any good, a one to one interview.
Funny how they say they have no money to pay you pilots but they are holding this process every week and have been since May 09, and not just in London but many other Europen Citys too.
££££££££££££££££££££££££££ i think

south coast
1st Oct 2009, 15:48
We were told at a 'roadshow' that sales VP's were cheap to employ, as they took a percentage on sales made, the figure mentioned was 40k euros.

Thats quite a difference from the amount posted earlier, 50-70 GBP!!!

Call Sign Maverick
1st Oct 2009, 16:09
The UK sales VP role (they have a few in each country) was paying a BASIC of £60-£70k with an OTE of 100k plus.
Not sure what it was for other Europen VP roles.

FormerFlake
1st Oct 2009, 19:49
NJE sacked about 90 people today from their office near Lisbon. Early indications are that none of them were management but I hope to be corrected.

Nhecas
1st Oct 2009, 23:37
It seams no management cuts were made.

pascualito
2nd Oct 2009, 05:22
Well,

What would happen to the company if it didn't have the sales guys and girls?

Would be a bit like a struggling racing team deciding to remove the tires from the car in order to save money... The chances of a success would be kind of minimal, wouldn't you say?

Don't you think the VP's are having their share of though work these days? trying to stop customers from jumping ship etc...

Its a bit like saying to a pilot all he does is fly in the wild blue yonder and have fun, cabin crews by the dozen on white sandy beaches and all that. He knows about short nights, weather, being away and so much more.

All the same for the VP, he knows about though stuff the pilot doesn't.

To get back to the racing car analogy, every part counts. Loose a very expensive one or the cheapest, and you're screwed all the same. Everything has to work together to achieve maximum performance, and that's what's needed to finish the race, let alone win!

I used to be a sales VP at NJE, some time ago, at the very begining. Lasted 4.5 years, it was real fun. Before that I did my little share of flying, so I know a bit of what I write about. Today, I am sad at hearing that people in LIS have lost their job, as I still know some from the old days.

Hatches down and full speed ahead!