PDA

View Full Version : Inaccurate Nimrod Article

Charlie Luncher
1st Nov 2001, 22:00
Another inaccurate journo report in JETS mag.

Nobody flies as high as 300' cause the jam expands out your doughnut.

No I did not buy it but I know a man who did!

TimC
1st Nov 2001, 22:09
What effect does it have on all the pies?

:D :D :D

BAE employee
1st Nov 2001, 22:52
No effect on pies whatsoever - the co-pilot and AEOs eat them before they get that high! At least, I would have when I was one.

cryogenic
2nd Nov 2001, 00:59
Charlie Luncher Haven;t seen the article - wassit say? :D

Dimmer Switch
2nd Nov 2001, 11:16
Hey Charlie

Are we talking about real jam and real doughnuts here, or is it one of your perverse euphemisms?!

Worried of the Old World

Mad_Mark
2nd Nov 2001, 14:49
Fortunately it doesn't affect the Danish pastries or the chocolate eclares quite as badly :cool:

However, flying higher does increase the cooking time for the chicken tikka, pork balti and sweet-n-sour chicken :(

MAD MARK!

Man-on-the-fence
2nd Nov 2001, 17:17
Have just got hold of a copy, and very informative it is too :D

Remember chaps "its all about keeping momentum" :cool:

Charlie Luncher
2nd Nov 2001, 21:58
DS me old

No mention of lard butties
but the doughnuts are real and dusted with one of the essential food groups - sugar.

Tim C open a frozen pie and you will find an expansion zone to avoid loss of contents. Unlike a siggie gut after 12 largers.

pitotheat
2nd Nov 2001, 22:50
Does the height at which the duffnuts ooze jam depend upon whether they have been heated before serving. Could MOD PE carry out a full test project. I suppose if the crew over-heated the duffnuts and climbed then the aircraft could carry out some jamming.

Is it still the case that the AEO stops all food going forward of the tac area?

:) :) ;)

stbd beam
4th Nov 2001, 03:45
Homer's favourite now takes second fiddle in the rush to the galley - TRAYS OF DANISH PASTRIES, 5 at a time (the icing sugar really messes with your eyebrows though!).

DS - hope you've taken note, the new jet will need bigger drawers in the galley as the trays are quite large. They'll need soft edges too to avoid soft tissue damage when thrusting one's face in to retrieve the last of the danish before the other guy.

The jammy dodgers still get cut from the variety type biscuit packets before the wrapper is removed.

Aah, bring back the arctic roll!

Bad company
5th Nov 2001, 13:47
Wot, no DCS?

Have the Navs found out how to work the water boiler yet? :D

stbd beam
6th Nov 2001, 00:27
No and ............ no.

fergineer
6th Nov 2001, 05:31
Ah DCS that brings bck memories, took my drivers ages to find out that we had them on every flight!!!!! Amazing what would not get past my seat. :D :D :D :D

Charlie Luncher
8th Nov 2001, 21:37
supermoose ahhhhh

Ice station kilo urggggggh

keep warm boyz :D

zedder
9th Nov 2001, 07:06
Enough with the jammy doughnuts please boys. Did my first trip in the MADDOG P3 yesterday (now theres a clue!) and had to provide my own rations. Couldn't find a trace of jam in any of the half-dozen I picked up from 'Dunkin'. Not only that, this flippin' heap has not got an oven or water heater that works. 6hrs 50mins without a coffee. Absolute murder! Still the foot-long sub (the eating kind!) hit the spot though.

Did I tell you about the LOA. Yeah probably!!! :cool: :D

Ghost Dancer
12th Nov 2001, 01:43
DCS, Arctic Rolls, fine, but no mention of the Cordon Bleu of Galley Haute Cuisine...I refer, of course, to Honkers!!!

:D :D :D

Mightycruseven
16th Nov 2001, 23:32
Hey Stbd Beam,

When r u coming out to this hell hole of a desert town? I'm here waitin to buy u a beer. Then I can scoot back home and be there before Christmas...not...DOH!
2 months is WAAAAAY too long to be out here , I miss not being in the Intercon or Sheraton....boo hoo.

I understand It's pretty cold back home!
Wanna swap??? :cool:

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: Mightycruseven ]

stbd beam
17th Nov 2001, 03:19
Mighty....

Prob one crew next w/end - then me in a fortnight's time. This is the plan at the mo, dunno if this means turnovers or supplementation. Currently getting this info reliably even tho I am on leave till Mon.

So is the joke out yet? We expect to be met off the steps with a fleet of hire cars & the keycards to the Intercont rooms.......or maybe not.

Holding you to the beer...

Mightycruseven
18th Nov 2001, 20:14
:confused:
Stbd Beam...dude!
You obviously havn't heard?
Can't get u that beer now..........
It's RAMADAN here, we are DRY FOR 4 WEEKS!

Look forward to seeing u.

who keeps putting scorpions in my boots???

mighty punter
20th Nov 2001, 03:42
Quote fromm my old lead wet-the best in Nato, and yes he does,yes he does-clue, on a transit stateside(so wetties inactive cept for the flt deck FHM swap) " so when are one of the front end going to make a brew then?"
God love him but how many folk were working at the time??
Obviously his inactivity wanted to increase the size of his man breasts-of which he had a large pair!!
anyway see you all for a wee bit of desert yuletide action !!

Charlie Luncher
22nd Nov 2001, 11:31
MC7
Ill be very upset if you let the side down and are unable to get beer.

I know where you used to be able to get some during ramadan - and the beer of course. :D
If you need help just call but dont let Stbd have more than 2 you know how he gets