PDA

View Full Version : Common Technical Questions asked during interviews?

Shesqs
23rd Sep 2009, 15:32
Hi guys,

I'm about to attend for an interview next week, I'm a fresh grad with 200 hours and I really want this job!!

I'm curious about what kind of questions will be asked during the interview? especially what sort of technical questions will be asked? given I'm not jet rated would I still get asked heaps of type specific questions? or general systems/navigation sort of questions should be enough?

Any good tips or advise from anyone??

Cheers

Eurotraveller
24th Sep 2009, 13:09
Hi Shesqs,

The type and number of technical questions you can expect will undoubtedly vary from operator to operator.

Run a search of the forums and you'll find lots of examples of the sorts of technical question you could be asked. This will give you a feel for the sort of things you need to revise from your ATPL theory exams.

There is a book called "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview" - it provides worked technical interview questions and answers for revision, and is often heavily criticised on here for the inaccuracy of some of its explanations. However, I used it to prepare for my interview and as long as it's used with caution, I would say it gives a good feel for the kind of questions to expect (just cross-check the answers with your textbooks).

As for type-specific stuff, I would do plenty of research on the aircraft type you're applying for and would try to have a basic working knowledge of its systems etc. They know you're not type rated, and they won't expect that level of knowledge, but they may well expect you to know the basics (beyond how many wings/engines it's got!)

Best of luck with your interview.

Eurotraveller