PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Medical

HeathrowAirport
22nd Sep 2009, 22:05
Hi,

Do I need an assesment at the GP, becuase I rang the GP and there asking £100, are they getting confused? All I see is a "Practioner looks at my records and countersigns, not me pissing in a bottle etc"

What do I ask for? Im not paying £100 for the person to just look on the computer and sign it.

pulse1
22nd Sep 2009, 22:31
I just sent my GP a copy of the Medical Declaration, the Notes for the GP and a covering letter asking him to sign. He charges me £12 to sign. So far he has never asked to see me. I have never paid as much as £100 even for a Class 3 PPL medical. Perhaps, if your GP is an AME he was confused.

oversteer
22nd Sep 2009, 22:50
http://www.pprune.org/medical-health/341744-nppl-medical-declaration-gp-wont-sign.html

I had the same problem a year ago. Did you give your GP all the forms including the "medical notes for practitioners" supplement? I was still charged but £30 rather than £100..with first solo fast approaching I bit the bullet and paid it.

HeathrowAirport
23rd Sep 2009, 21:28
Im still 16, so I shouldnt have to pay for anything - Im in full time education and dont laugth my mum rung them, what shall I tell her to ask them? Might be a bit better for them to understand. Becuase my mum was going on about racing car medical and I was thinking - :\

oversteer
23rd Sep 2009, 22:01
Unfortunately the doctor is free to charge what he/she likes as it's counted as private work, not NHS. Unfair as it may be, they'll still spend 10-15 minutes reading the forms, checking through your history..

A lot of the time they make a document charge for signing things like passport applications, so see if they'll file it under that. Explain that it isn't an aviation medical, just a declaration the same as those made to the DVLA for lorry/coach drivers etc.

Print out all the forms (including the notes for practitioners), take it to the receptionist and explain what's involved. Ask them to get the GP to ring you with any concerns.

HeathrowAirport
23rd Sep 2009, 23:13
Hi Oversteer,

Thanks, Ill do exactly that - I dont want to pay £100 for it though, I can buy a car for that, If I looked. Yeah - have done all that, just got to take it in.

Print out all the forms (including the notes for practitioners),

Thanks,

Robbie

znww5
23rd Sep 2009, 23:21
I dropped the form and notes off at my local surgery, together with a letter explaining that it was a Medical Declaration of a standard equivalent to HGV. I just kept it short and simple and it cost me £20 for the signature.

It strikes me that if they still insist on that rip-off price, you may as well get a Class 2 medical from an AME which would come in handy if you should decide to go for a PPL.

If it would help, pm me and I'll send you a copy of the letter.