PDA

View Full Version : EK Cabin Crew now on 24/7 STBY

Kamelchaser
22nd Sep 2009, 20:16
Ek cabin crew now officially have to check EVITA at 6pm EVERY day in order to check if their roster has changed "due to operational reasons".

While not written, it would seem that if they miss a change, and don't turn up for a flight, even if it was originally a day off, they will be sacked.

Unbelievable...so what if they want to go camping in the hills for the afternoon..or anything else that takes them out of cell phone coverage. Do they have to risk their job to have a life these days?

This company doesn't deserve decent employees..I truly feel it will come back to bite them in the very near future.

And when will this new policy be extended to flight crew?

atiuta
22nd Sep 2009, 22:02
I wonder what will happen when several thousand crew check Evita at exactly 6 pm?

mensaboy
23rd Sep 2009, 03:48
Actually, they have to check Evita at 6pm, on days before a scheduled work day. It is still idiotic though.

TheyCallMeTrinity
23rd Sep 2009, 06:39
I checked EVITA once. It just wasn't for me.

Bypass ratio
23rd Sep 2009, 06:47
She (EVITA) is such a slut, she'll talk to anyone......

What's a mnemonic we can come up with for EVITA? I'll start (gees I'm bored)

E-veryone is a
V-ictim
I-n
T-his
A-irline
:ugh:

PorkKnuckle
23rd Sep 2009, 07:27
Actually, they have to check Evita at 6pm, on days before a scheduled work day

We all have to check in before a duty; that's not what he's referring to.

You obviously haven't taken it in; next time you stagger through the customs area at 5am, cast a bloodshot glance to your right at the notice board instructing the girls to check evita EVERY night at 6pm for changes to the next day, regardless of duty or day off.

The word is it's being brought in for the pilots, too.

Sheikh Your Bootie
23rd Sep 2009, 09:08
The word is it's being brought in for the pilots, too. ]

Hahahaaaaaaa hilarious Habibi!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif

SyB :zzz:

PorkKnuckle
23rd Sep 2009, 09:38
Glad it amuses you - that's the only way to stay sane: laugh at it.

Carefully worded to protect the guilty, habibi. But you walk past their office every time you go to work. No responsibility taken for the accuracy or otherwise but that's what s/he let slip "the other day."

alwayzinit
23rd Sep 2009, 10:58
No FCI or FCN or FOM ammendment so nothing official as yet...............so carry on as normal with phone off and answer phone on during off days.

Oh happy days:ugh:

magicmorris
23rd Sep 2009, 13:31
I never check EVITA at 6pm..... If they want me to work they should call me and on a legal day off I still have to right to refuse the duty! Or requesta pending day off... That I can then request a month or two later!

mensaboy
23rd Sep 2009, 14:01
Pork Knuckle,

No, cabin crew do not have to check in EACH night at 6pm. Only when the next day is a work day.

And No, we as pilots are not required to check in at 6pm before a scheduled work day either. The only requirement WE have, which is idiotic, insane and stupid, is to call EVITA one hour before pickup time. This rule was instituted a couple years back, when our lovely rostering department stopped advising us of changes to our roster.

There is no plan to make this idiotic policy for the cabin crew, a policy for pilots. Even our moronic management realize that pilots would never call in at 6pm BEFORE a work day. Well, then again, a few pilots would!

ekpilot
23rd Sep 2009, 16:05
Just because half of the 3000 cc that went on unpaid leave did not come back :E

Keep Discovering:ok:

PorkKnuckle
23rd Sep 2009, 17:35
Well Mensa all I'm saying is what I saw at the HQ - a big paper sheet saying all cabin crew to call evita EVERY night at 6pm regardless of the next day's duty or day off. You don't seem to be taking it in... That's what kamel chaser said at the start - no one ever reads the post do they? Check it out for yourself next time you finish work.

411A
23rd Sep 2009, 23:38
Fast track commands for Senior FOs

Hmmm, isn't this just exactly what EK was promoting in earlier years?:}:rolleyes:

SOPS
24th Sep 2009, 03:28
Pork is 100 percent correct..the sign is just near the customs Xray scanner....

trimotor
26th Sep 2009, 03:19
Yep, seen it too. Didn't notice whether it was specifically addressed to Cabin Crew, though expect that was the intention if it wasn't. It actually also told them to check EVITA 3 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure.

No FCI/FCN means I won't be doing any such thing.

By the way Mensaboy, just to be picky, the requirement to check prior to flying, per the FOM, is 30 mins before pick-up: inconvenient, as I'm guessing most of us would be well into our pre-departure routine by then. Having said that, perhaps there's an FCI/FCN changing the policy that I've missed (quite possible...)

Kamelchaser
26th Sep 2009, 05:14
For those doubters, this quote direct from the cabin crew portal;

Remember it is your responsibility to check EVITA daily by 1800 hours (6PM) irrespective of your rostered duties as there may be changes due to operational reasons. This is in addition to the normal practice of checking EVITA 3 hours before any rostered flight.

Pretty clear that it doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, you're expected to be at the behest of the company every day. Now that the powers that be have gone into panic recruitment mode (recruiting told to get 500 cabin crew before the end of the year, which requires them to gear up instantly to the max recruiting/training they were at last year) perhaps they won't be so keen to sack everyone at the drop of a hat.

This company couldn't organise a p#*s up in a brewery when it comes to manning levels. Even pilot recruitment needs 50 new ppl in the next 5 mins.

pool
26th Sep 2009, 13:17
... irrespective of your rostered duties as there may be changes due to operational reasons ...

If you have a day off, no need to check because this is not a rostered duty. If you are rostered for a duty, it might change, so:
If read to the letter, this policy even makes sense.
I see no reason for panic.

Kamelchaser
26th Sep 2009, 13:36
Unfortunately Pool, you are applying logic to a policy decreed by IFS..a department that rules by fear through the issue of final warning letters to crew for the most minor decrepencies.

That may be the way we (as pilots) would apply this dictate, but the cabin crew are running scared that if they miss a duty that has been inserted in their day off, they'll lose their jobs.

It's simply the way that department runs..and Flight Ops have been moving to treat pilots in a similar manner. The company now saves time, money and resources (yet another "enviromentally friendly" policy?) by issuing warnings, final warnings and termination letters in one shot.

And funny old thing..it leads right up to AAR and his "sack them rather than pay out redundancy" policy.

Gregale
26th Sep 2009, 20:11
So, the way I see it, we have to start offloading cabin crew on flights departing during the night. Since their rest/sleep pattern is interrupted due to their obligation to check EVITA, it is a commander's duty to follow the regs.

G :rolleyes:

yankee22
27th Sep 2009, 05:43
What a bunch of crap.... This airline is going down the @#$%%^ in a hurry. I see a lot of cabin crew resignations in the near future. No one can expect them to stick around with these rules in place.

That's called slavery in other parts of the world.

Wake up EK!!!!!! :=

BigGeordie
27th Sep 2009, 08:13
A fair number of the cabin crew seem to have taken unpaid leave in order to look for a job elsewhere. If they find something (and many have) they resign, if not they come back to Dubai. Tells you something about crew morale and I can't say I blame them. They will have to recycle a lot of little pots of jam to pay for all the new recruitment they are going to need.