View Full Version : BMI bases

thomas18107
22nd Sep 2009, 18:27
Hi,

I'm really hoping some people on here can provide me with the information I need.

For years now I've wanted to become crew. I sometimes regret not doing it years ago in my early twentys but I guess nowadays people start as crew from all ages.

I'm really interested in flying with bmi although that's why I seek advice as I've heard rumours of the company being broken up at some point in the future. One of the reasons I like the idea of bmi because they have bases at regional points, namely Edinburgh and Glasgow (I live up in Scotland). I've got some commitments now and I'm not young and footloose anymore and don't take to the idea of moving to London as much as I used to. Can anyone shed any light on bmi recruitment at EDI and GLA? Will they recruit again for these bases provided the company stays together? Do any bmi people have experience of being based in Scotland.

Many thanks in advance for your responses and helphttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

6chimes
23rd Sep 2009, 16:45
Apologies, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that it is highly unlikely that bmi will recruit in Scotland for the foreseeable future. Unless a lot of crew leave, which is unlikely and expansion is not planned, more probably contraction or worse, then I don't think you should look to bmi for a flying job.

I'm not sure what bmi regional are planning and whether they may expand and recruit in the near future. It may be worth contacting them in Aberdeen. Or someone from regional may be lurking here and enlighten you more.

Sorry.