PDA

View Full Version : OASC

Jere
1st Nov 2001, 02:14
Any tips and or useful / less bits of information regarding passing / survivng OASC would be greatly appreciated asap. Any reminders about what was going on in the world vis a vis current affairs before September 11th would help too, it rather seems to have taken over the news ! :)

Tonkenna
1st Nov 2001, 02:40
Boot,

Be yourself and don't bullsh*t, they are very good at seeing through it. If you don't know the answer to a question, say so. I know that they have had enough of the Sep 11 answer to the current affairs bit (part 2 of the interview) but there is lots more going on in the world. Read a good paper and have a look at time magazine (you library may have back copies). If you have a view on something then say so and try and have some knowledge of the RAF and the branch/branches you are applying for.

Best of luck

Tonks :)

Dr Schlong
1st Nov 2001, 03:20
A similar thread can be found if you select topics from the last 75 days and go to page 6: "OASC - Any tips?". Lots of good pointers, I'd thoroughly endorse Tonks' view - just be yourself.

All the best.

Be chilled - :cool:

bad livin'
1st Nov 2001, 17:04
Bootilicious - I am an ex serving officer about to go back to OASC to hopefully rejoin the air force...I am a contemporary of Dr Schlong (ie went to OASC first time in the last 2 anda bit years) so if u want any tips pls feel free to email at

[email protected]

rgds
BL

better livin
1st Nov 2001, 19:36
Bad Livin

Thought you were planning to join the Navy? What happened to D'mouth?! Are you planning another crack at Pilot or something on the ground?
Regards

(Sorry to hi-jack thread!)

bad livin'
1st Nov 2001, 20:01
Better Livin, good to hear from you, how lovely you both looked in the paper getting wings recently ;) congrats.

I did the first two weeks of Dartmouth as a future Observer, but decided that the RN wasn't for me and banged out - a tough decision to make but not one I've regretted. Felt like coming back to what I knew best and so am reapplying as an ALM - bring on the rotary action! I haven't put down any commissioned posts on the app. but if a nav space was available i'd bite their arms off. Too old for pilot now, and I don't think that was meant to be anyways. Write me at [email protected] with your chat.

Rgds
BL

Jere
1st Nov 2001, 23:28
Dr Schlong - thanks for the link to alternative page, it was particularly useful. Quite a daunting task - but, abstination from all alcohol is this really necessary ?!!

It would appear so from the comments.

:confused:

HalesAndPace
2nd Nov 2001, 03:09
See http://www.timc.clara.net/raf.htm :) :)

glider insider
2nd Nov 2001, 21:46
have just done the OASC bit with a positive result.. the best advice i can give is to enjoy yourself.. go in with the mentality that it is gonna be stressful at times but you are there to have fun! stand up for yourself, my impression was that the whole process was designed to put you under pressure, especially the interview. If you do not agree with what they are telling you about YOUR life, then tell them and give a reason. remember that you are the one that has lived your life, not the sqn ldr in fromt of you!
In the syndicate ex's, play the game and support your syndicate members, and they will help you back on your lead, but also dont be afraid to say something if you think they are being thick!

good luck and enjoy yourself :cool:

jet jones
3rd Nov 2001, 03:32
Yo booti, when are u due at cranwell? I am due there tomorrow... u are probably in bed now...but if you are there tomorrow i shall catch you there..I am not as prepared as i feel i should be but there goes nothing....
good luck to everyone....