PDA

View Full Version : ppl human factor questions?

Delta Oscar Charlie
22nd Sep 2009, 03:10
Hi folks,

I will be sitting my casa ppl exam next week and am wondering if anyone has some info on the Human factors side of it, can't seem to find any questions in BT's book or in any of my flight schools trial exams :ugh:but I was told that there will be some questions from that section.

Anyone who recently sat the exam that might be able to shed some light on it maybe?

Any ideas appreciated..

DOC

tmpffisch
22nd Sep 2009, 03:15
All of that info is in the Bob Tait BAK book, the PPL book covers what you need after GFPT (performance, loading, navigation and meteorology).

I can't remember what's on the PPL exam anymore, but I'd take a guess that the human factor questions would revolve around:

Drugs & Alcohol
Effects of Altitude
Hypoxia
Carbon Monoxide poisoning
Spacial disorientation
General good health
TEM

(Just for reference, the most commonly incorrect questions are on:)

Effect of lowering flaps on performance of glide or descent.
Factors affecting the angle of climb.
Calculation of beginning and end of daylight. This is a straightforward graphic and calculation process, in accordance with published graphs and instructions available to the candidate during the exam.

aussieflyboy
22nd Sep 2009, 03:35
Hey mate, a question I had when I did my test was, What is the most common cause of pilot incapacitation? - the answer was food poisoning. :ok:

Delta Oscar Charlie
22nd Sep 2009, 04:09
thanks for that tmpffisch, I don't use Bob Taits books myself so i'll have a look at that one.. I have my cpl human factors book and have a relatively good knowledge on the subject ( will need some brush up work )as I passed my ppl exams in ireland last year & HUF has its very own paper..

Some of those questions you pointed out have caught me out on trial exams already so I'm only too well aware of there pit falls.. you feel silly afterwards..

Aussie flyboy thats an interesting statement.. I'll have mine with a pinch of salt thanks:)

Would like to add that I do understand that gastro is a serious condition .( as I've had it) Just wondering if its the most common cause of pilot incapacity ?

PPRuNeUser0163
22nd Sep 2009, 06:34
DOC,

watch out for TEM. Some extremely ambiguous questions. not sure if it is incorporated much into PPL cyberex but there are alot of qs on it in the CPL Human factors and there really isnt much info in bob tait/atc books about it.

Best thing to do is- look at new casa syllabus as of july and make some notes for each dot point on it.

Cheers

aussieflyboy
22nd Sep 2009, 08:12
DOC,

A direct quote from Aviation Theory Centre BAK book - (BAK knowledge can be tested in the PPL exam).

"Food Poisoning is the most common cause of in-flight incapacitation of flight crew. This is why many airlines adopt a company policy requiring pilots to consume different meals at different times".

Two other questions that were in my test were to do with visual illusions and the structure of the ear. :ok:

Delta Oscar Charlie
6th Oct 2009, 00:06
Passed. NKAND 3 TEM Questions and Aussie flyboy that famous little one you mentioned.. Thanks for all the tips. CPL 's next:ok: