PDA

View Full Version : Pilots Needed Now

OldBonaMate
31st Oct 2001, 04:18
You may have seen a post like this a couple of months ago, and we still need pilots out here in Canada, so I am running it again.

If there is anyone out there who is interested in working in Canada as a Hawk Sim/Groundschool Instructor for a few years (or more....?), then please drop me a line and I will send you the details. The jobs are currently in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, but opportunities may arise in the near future in Cold Lake, Alberta.

The salary is a somewhat better than the Civil Service Sim instructors are getting and the cost of living in Canada is almost half what it is in the UK.

We need pilots with a fast jet background (not necessarily Hawk) and an instructor qualification (not necessarily QFI, but QWI, AWI et al as well).

The relocation package is very generous, and the benefits such as medical, dental and pension are good. Although you will not be commited to any particular contract period, it will take 3 years to amortise the company's costs for shipping you over here and setting you up, if you choose to leave before then, you will have to repay a proportion of those costs.

Interested? Drop me a line and I will provide you with more details.

NB: This is not a flying job.

:D :D :D :D :D
null

[ 31 October 2001: Message edited by: OldBonaMate ]

[ 31 October 2001: Message edited by: OldBonaMate ]

BEagle
31st Oct 2001, 12:21
If anyone wants to know more abooooooot it, try http://www.nftc.net

Eh?

Jackonicko
31st Oct 2001, 21:34
Didn't Know you were Canadian, eh, BEagle? Or even that you'd been owoooot and aboooot in a boa-oot in Canada, eh?

The Canadian zip code is 667 - next door neighbour to the beast!

pana
31st Oct 2001, 22:09
I'm interested!! :D

BEagle
31st Oct 2001, 22:31
Nope - I'm not Canadian! Non - Je ne suis pas Canadienne! (to keep the Quebecois -or should that be quequette-ois? - happy)

Must admit that the facilities in Moose Jaw look very, very good indeed. Much better than the usual decrepit ex-WW II buildings that we're accustomed to working from!!

better livin
1st Nov 2001, 00:28
Only applicants with a size 14 flying suit and a penchant for nachos need apply!!

No offence guys! How is life in the Jaw at the moment?
Regards

Bervie
1st Nov 2001, 00:36
A good job offer but I have a good few years until I could qualify for it! I can say that the blokes that work there are a great bunch though. Hope all is well at MJ guys.

Just a shame Canadian beer is so weak - but thats why we get overseas allowances so we can buy more EH!

:cool: :cool: ;)

peterward
1st Nov 2001, 02:32
Bervie,when your 'nation' rise up and start wearing male clothing again, they're going to need suitably qualified people, such as yourself to protect the populace. I'm not sure if you would be allowed to take up such a generous offer! :p However, seems to be a great job for anyone else, even if you have to buy your own size 14 and nachos...!

OldBonaMate
1st Nov 2001, 03:16
Bervie, you obviously didn't do the full pub crawl when in MJ snd probably not at CL either. You may recall that your average Brit pub beer is 4% alc which is the N. American standard for 'Lite' beer. Recommend you ignore the likes of Molsons Canadian and Labatts and have a try at some of the others which have not only good flavour but more buzz per buck than your aveage Brit ale. You should try the micro breweries for a good pint or even quart: Brewsters, Earls, Whistler etc etc

Bottoms up!

:D :D :D

West Coast
1st Nov 2001, 22:25
667 zipcode, wow, Ireland and Canada have the same zip code. I must admit Canada has cornered the market on good beer. Moosehead is to die for.

Bervie
2nd Nov 2001, 00:56
I was under the impression that low calorie beer was 'lite' beer. But I could be mistaken.
Anyway, bring me a fine can of Tennants Super strength any day of the week!

;)

OldBonaMate
3rd Nov 2001, 20:47
Are those the cans of Tennants we used get in the Middle East with pictures of pin-ups on them? Not a bad choice when the alternative is canned Tiger, but not a beer to crave.

However, we are getting off the thread. Is there anyone out there who is interested in working here for a while? Someone who's recently had an airline job offer withdrawn for example.

;) ;) ;) ;)

[ 03 November 2001: Message edited by: OldBonaMate ]