PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to OAA Netjets cadets?

fly_antonov
21st Sep 2009, 11:28
I am hearing rumours that NJE is laying off staff (about 300) at the moment, and that some are given options to sign special "part-time" contracts.

OAA has a cadet program with NJE, and several students are enrolled on it, some have already graduated and paying back the package deal.
Seen that they are the lowest-time pilots of all NJE, are they on the top of the redundancies shortlist? How will this affect future/actual students?

Garba51
21st Sep 2009, 12:06
Hi,

No NJE didn't do ANY compulsory redundancies for the PILOTS. They just offered package like Long Term Leave of Absence, Volontary Redundancies...

So no layoff. Of course it's not the best time for Nje but still better than nothing. The cadets enrolled in the Nje scheme at OAA got the same offers as any crew already inside he company (I won't go into details).

About ground job, they stopped the non-permanent contracts as far as I know. FYI: NJUS laid off between 200-300 ground jobs.

About the students still in training, well, I think they are more concerned about their CPL-IR... than their future but lets hope they finally go on TR after.

That's all I know.

Garba.