PDA

View Full Version : RAF 1:250 000 SAC legend

Peter1964
21st Sep 2009, 10:34
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if there's someone out there who might be able to point me in the right direction. Although I've been hunting high and low, I cannot find a standard RAF quarter mil chart legend. I've tried the CAA website, but there are some small differences between the CAA VFR chart and the MOD version. I need the exact symbology as a study aid for my aviation English students (they're all going to wind up at Cranwell, so I thought it would be nice if they had the right information).

In the worst case scenario I'll just stick to the CAA charts (although these also differ slightly from the FAA format I am used to), but if anyone could help me to locate THE thing, I would be eternally obliged.

Cheers,

Peter

Wader2
21st Sep 2009, 11:47
Peter, write to:

Hd MOD Map and Air Chart Depot
Defence Geographic Centre
Room 6, Clough Building
Elmwood Avenue
Feltham MiddlesexTW13 7AH

As an FOI request they should respond withing 20 working days.

Peter1964
21st Sep 2009, 12:28
Thanks a million Wade:ok:, will drop them a note:)

noprobs
21st Sep 2009, 13:51
Try ringing 85(R) Sqn at Church Fenton, who will be receiving some of your students in the future and have the maps and legends. Call 01347 848261, ext 7925 for the Boss, 7937 or 6764 as alternatives. An RV in a suitable pub to hand over the document may be appreciated.

Peter1964
21st Sep 2009, 14:17
Noprobs, thanks a bunch for the contact details! Yes, I know some of my students end up in Church Fenton (to the delight of the instructors, I’m sure…!), but it never occurred to me to go straight to the source (simples!!!). Thanks again for turning the light back on!

If the “handover” takes place I’ll fill you in on the intimate details of the RV:)