PDA

View Full Version : Piper Cargo Pod

whydowebother
20th Sep 2009, 20:46
Has anybody ever operated, seen, or heard of a Piper Chieftain/Navajo with an under-fuselage cargo pod? I've searched the www for hours and found mention of it in the States, but can't find a photo, FAA STC or any concrete evidence.

Would really appreciate photos or information of such a mod in Europe. If anybody has information of a cargo pod fitted to a similar aircraft type that would be really useful too.

Thanks

ferrydude
21st Sep 2009, 00:12
There is an FAA STC for the PA-31P and T models held by Avcon Industries and they are owned by Butler National, Wichita KS. STC #SA1717CE

whydowebother
21st Sep 2009, 08:18
Thanks for the speedy reply - I can't find the STC on the FAA website, I must be doing something wrong. SA1717CE comes up as a Landing Light mod on a Cessna, and I can't find anything about cargo pods if I search for PA31 mods. Perhaps it has been archived? Do you have any more info or a link please. Many thanks for your help.

ferrydude
22nd Sep 2009, 14:35
Sorry, I gave a bad number. It is 1617CE and can be found on the holder's website.
Piper STC (http://butlernational.com/stc_piper.htm)

whydowebother
4th Oct 2009, 19:12
Fantastic, thanks very much!

(sorry about the delay in replying, have been away from home and couldn't get online)