PDA

View Full Version : Bi-courtney Aviation/General Aviation Terminal GAT,DNMM

18left
20th Sep 2009, 11:46
All hail the new King of domestic aviation,in lagos, the monopolisation of the industry is complete.

All are now subject to Emperor Babalakin.

The official handover of GAT was devoid of any ceremony,almost hidden in secrecy.

What baffles me is why the strong opposition to an Arik take over of GAT,they where obviously ready to develop the terminal,especially as its strategically located next to the head office.Futhermore it would have been a balancing act,as not all operators would have to operate from MM2,a clear monopoly.

This deal really stinks!

eagleflier
20th Sep 2009, 12:39
From my understanding, the monopoly deal was agreed upon by the OBJ administration but its just being enforced now after a lotta wrangling by Babalakin.

Let's wait and see if Arik really does "shut down" their operations as threatened.

Rani
20th Sep 2009, 13:42
Arumemi Johnson (Arik) is just hot air. This blacmail tactic is cheap and unjustified to begin with. The BOT/concession agreement with biCourtney seams to be crystal clear: total exclusivity in servicing domestic traffic from Lagos for a stipulated period of time.

How exactly is the Arik counsel interpreting the agreement?

"Private monopoly" or otherwise, this is the reward for taking on the huge risk. You can't make an omellette without breaking some eggs.

How will any investor take Nigeria seriously if this critical infrastructure project fails to be implemented by the book (contract)?

Shut down your operations? Go ahead, Oga Johnson. Good luck with your creditors! In the meantime the rest of Nigerian airlines have complied and it's end of story. Of course, big egos will always feel like they can or have the right to break the law in Nigeria.

JABAG
22nd Sep 2009, 20:05
You all rememebr the situation with Virgin Nigeria. When they were asked to move out of the international terminal, they also said no.

I assume all legal angles have been covered. If so, then ARIK has to play ball, rightly or wrongly, they have no chice.

I assume the govet will stick to its principles!:hmm:

TonyWilliams
25th Sep 2009, 05:16
Sorry, but I'm unclear as to exactly what is happening. Will Arik still use the GAT, or are they being moved to the Domestic Terminal?

18left
26th Sep 2009, 08:27
They are not moving,but the ownership of GAT,will change to Bi-courtney,owners of MM2.

Rani
26th Sep 2009, 10:25
Ah! So Arik had rather pay the same fees but get WW2-standard facilities !?

Klogic
26th Sep 2009, 19:30
The Govt yesterday directed all parties to revert to status quo until further notice.